Search results

1. TimRice

Looking to "dispose" of a Combo Jointer/Planer.

Several years ago, I inherited a Makita Jointer/Planer combo unit. I believe the model number is 2030N. the pressure rollers have crumbled, and I'm not sure of the integrity of the drive belts. Anyone have any suggestions about what I can do with it? I'd rather NOT sell it for scrap. I...
  2. TimRice

UL to require Riving Knives on all new Table Saw designs (finally!)

I just received the latest edition of Woodsmith, and tucked into it was a one page article about new table saws being required to have Riving Knives rather than just splitters to carry the UL listing. :eusa_clap
  3. TimRice

Duke Power Tree Crew took down a large Cedar Tree ...

I spent some time at my parents house this weekend and it seems that they have a Cedar Tree that the contractors from Duke Power decided to cut down (I guess they get paid by the tree!) on the back of their property. It had a fairly large trunk, and it's been sitting out exposed for a while, so...
  4. TimRice

Looking for MLCS Router opinions

I was browsing through a recent wood worker magazine and came across an ad for a 3HP. http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/marvel3hp.html I'm interested in opinions on the router, or other suggestions since I'm getting ready to buy one. Intended uses are...
  5. TimRice

Kreg K2000 Jig Sale from Grizzly

Grizzly is selling the K2000 Jig for $124.95 thru Dec 8th. http://www.grizzly.com/promo/20051202?type=2
  6. TimRice

Beginners question about PT

Is there any reason to NOT run seasoned (~1 year old) Pressure Treated (PT) lumber over a jointer and through a planer? (Other than the usual warning to not breath in the dust!) Will it bother the blades or cause problem with other woods fed through the equipment later?
  7. TimRice

Looking for tools, power and hand ...

Anyone in the RTP area ever have any luck finding tools at the Fair Grounds Flea Market?
  8. TimRice

Just getting started ...

Hello everyone. I've been reading the forums for a few weeks now, and thought I'd finally post something here about myself My name is Tim Rice. I live in Durham and I'm a Computer Professional who has grown tired of living, breathing, and sleeping computers 24/7 :eusa_booh (so what am I doing...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors