Search results

1. ScottM

Seeking advice on a hot water heater tank stand

Wife wants to do an extreme bathroom makeover. Part of that would involve moving our hot water heater from a "closet" to the garage. The old "closet" area would then be incorporated into the new expanded bathroom. I guess I have two questions. 1. Can the hot water heater just be put on the...
  2. ScottM

All four are done and waiting under the tree

Well, I finished the collection with a day to spare. HOPE was the last one of the set and turned out to be the most challenging. Design by Judy Gale Roberts. Time for some sipping bourbon. Merry Christmas everyone.
  3. ScottM

Three done and the fourth and final one roughed out

I might get this done before Christmas. Pardon the sneakers LOL.
  4. ScottM

Two done and the third roughed out.

LOVE and JOY are done completed. FAITH is all cut and ready for the sander. I might actually get this collection of 4 done in time for Christmas especially since my wife is out of town until next Wednesday. Again, no paint or stain. The finish is two coats of Masters Gel Poly. Comments and...
  5. ScottM

One Christmas present done and the second has been rough cut

Finished the first of a set of 4 and cut out all the parts for the second one in the set. Comments appreciated.
  6. ScottM

Now to work on my wife’s Christmas present

Started this yesterday. Nothing like last minute. There are four angels in the set. The design is by Judy Gale Robert of TN. Woods used include: poplar, walnut, maple, western cedar, yellowheart and red heart ( I think ). Comments are appreciated.
  7. ScottM

Asking for a friend in Kernersville

I have a friend in Kernersville who is trying to get two looms made for family members. The looms are used to make placemats. The project looks fairly simple but right now I do not have the time. They have one that could be used to model them after. They are willing to pay but I do not know...
  8. ScottM

UPDATED JULY 6 HELP with a Woodtek 15" planer

So last year I picked up a used 15" Woodtek planer. I have used it several times but today when I turned it on it immediately blew the breaker. And I don't mean the breaker it was on, but the main breaker for the house. I pulled the cover off the belts and the motor and planer blades turn...
  9. ScottM

The Eagle Has Landed - #Raffleprizeisreadyforanewhome#Morerafflechallenges

Some lucky raffle ticket holder will get to win this. My CFO has authorized me buying more tickets so I can win it back.
  10. ScottM

Raffle prize work in progress

If I can keep Murphy out of my work shop this will be my contribution to this year’s raffle. The design is by Judy Gale Roberts. The wings span almost 25”. The project consists of 43 individual pieces. I have used walnut, holly and yellowheart. Hopefully this will encourage someone to buy...
  11. ScottM

Toughbuilt Digital Angle Gauge review

I saw this review on another forum and thought some here might benefit. I do know the person who posted it and he approved me sharing it. " I have been using my Wixey Angle Gauge for a few years and it works fine. Lowes sells the Toughbuilt Angle Gauge. We got one back in returns a couple of...
  12. ScottM

Wood working show in Richmond VA

I saw this posted on another forum. Richmond is a lot closer than Atlanta for most of us. https://wwexpos.com/product/richmond-va-jan-27-29-2023/
  13. ScottM

Actually got a Christmas present done in time.

Made this for my daughter. She lost her basset earlier this year.
  14. ScottM

Rounding off a corner

I have some 1/4" x 1" pieces of various lengths that I need to round one corner of. I can take them to my spindle sander but there must be a better way. They do not have to exact but close. I have about 50 pieces to do. Because of the various lengths it would not have been simple to round...
  15. ScottM

Almost new SawStop for sale -SOLD

I am trying to help a friend sell an almost new SawStop. He is selling it because they are moving to Florida. It was purchased in December 2021 for over $4,100 (original invoice available) and he wants $3,000. It is the 230V 3HP PCS model. It comes with the mobile base and the 52" T-Guide...
  16. ScottM

Kick forward

As some of you know I work with a group of volunteers who build handicap ramps. Anyway yesterday I was cutting about 2" off a piece of 5 /4 x6 when the off cut went flying toward with enough force to put a small sent in the work truck about 20' away. I was using a battery powered circular saw...
  17. ScottM

The Saga Continues - Look at post #13 Hot water heater help

Problem.... I have a 16-month-old electric hot water. It is set at 130. Today I went to wash my hands and it was way too hot. I did a temp reading, and it was 170. I know there is a pressure / temp "blow" value. Any know what temp it will "blow". Anyone have any experiences with this issue?
  18. ScottM

RIP Dave Keim aka sgtdave

Fellow woodworker and friend, Dave Keim of Chase City, VA passed away this week. Dave was a very skilled woodworker and a former Sgt in the US Marines. He was most proud of the latter. As a wood worker Dave was a humble and always said he was good enough to get by. I have known him for about...
  19. ScottM

The passing of a member

I just learned that David Keim aka SGTDAVE passed away this week. While he was not a very active member, he was a good wood worker and a personal friend.
  20. ScottM

Baltic Birch

Please do not turn this into a political discussion. I am posting for awareness only. I have been following a couple discussions on other WW forums. People who do a lot of scroll saw and laser cutting work use lot of Baltic Birch plywood for various reasons (lack of void, multiple layers...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS