Search results

1. R

Ash Dowels, Danish Cord, and Lineberry Carts

Is that cord used for weaving seats? If so, I might be interested in a roll or 2. I have 5 rocking chairs that need new seats.
  2. R

Free pecan logs

I have some older pecan from a yard tree blown over by Hurricane Floyd in 1999. It is very straight grained and is indeed pretty. Looks a lot like white oak. I haven't used much of it so I really don't need more. But if no one wants this I may have it milled myself. problem for me is I don't...
  3. R

Hi from Wilson County!

Welcome. I grew up in Edgecombe County but now live in Nash County south of Spring Hope. We go to Wilson all the time.
  4. R

Free pecan logs

I have some massive pecan logs for free if anyone is interested - about 10 or more. They came from my neighbor's yard and were cut about 2 months ago. They had 2 trees pushed over to remove them. I spoke to the contractor and got him to dump the logs in the edge of our woods. I really wanted...
  5. R

Wood / fresh log availability in Raleigh?

Thanks, I did that. Not sure if it sent, but hopefull.
  6. R

PM me and I'll send you my address and phone number. It's a bit messy today due to the rain. Sometime tomorrow (Sunday) will work.
  7. R

Wooden screen door situation

I've dealt with that too but they lasted years instead of months before they began to fall apart. Been in this house for 23 years and I'm on my 4th storm door. I like the old school solid aluminum doors with no core but they are hard to find.
  8. R

Wooden screen door situation

Years ago I bought 2 wooden screen doors from "the other big box". In about 6 months one of them began to sag and fall apart. It got very little use. The second one did the same thing but it sagged for a longer period of time before it fell apart. They both appeared to have been unable to...
  9. R

You are welcome to get what you want. I'm 2 1/2 miles south of Spring Hope on NC Highway 581, 1 1/2 miles south of 64 bypass. Very easy to get to. I'm retired so I'm home most of the time.
  10. R

There are trunk logs and large limb logs. The largest trunk log is well over 30" diameter and about 8' long. Looks like a half dozen or so logs well over 20" diameter, the longest is about 14' long. My saw only has an 18" bar so I'm not sure how much of this I will be able to cut. There is...
  11. R

I have some large pecan that was cut about 2 months ago from my neighbor's yard. I got the folks who cut it to dump it on the edge of our woods. I plan to cut it up for firewood. If you're interested I'll ride back there and check it out. I've got to cut it up before the weather gets hot. I...
  12. R

Serving tray/ charcuterie board...

My first thought after enlarging the pictures was WOW! That's nice.
  13. R

Wood identification help

Looks like sweet gum.
  14. R

What is it ?

Looks like some old sweet gum boards I used to have.
  15. R

Board Feet

Thanks for that. Through the years I have forgotten how to do the calculation. Memory loss which comes with age! I have some pecan and need to figure sq.ft.
  16. R

New user from Sims, NC

Hi Ben. I live just south of Spring Hope about 15 minutes from Sims. I go past Sims all the time on 264 on my way to Wilson but haven't actually gone into town in close to 40 years. I hear they have a good grill there.
  17. R

New Christmas Toys ... uhhh ... I meant tools

I got a 14 gallon, 6 hp Rigid shop vac. I've been cleaning up sawdust from the barn floor in an effort to make room for more.
  18. R

WTB Crystal Door knobs

Wilkinson Antiques (Art and Antiques) in Spring Hope probably has some. I've gotten knobs, hinges and locks from him. He has several boxes of things like that. 35 minute drive from Raleigh.
  19. R

Hybrid table saw advice

I'm in the same situation as you, wanting/needing a better saw than my contractor saw. It's hard for me to justify spending thousands on one which probably won't get a lot of use. My current saw is a small portable contractor saw my dad gave me years ago. I role mine outside when I use it so I...
  20. R

I Think It’s Oak?

Ash bark feels a lot like cork. You should be able to push your thumbnail into easily and it will feel sort of spongy.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS