Search results

1. Truefire

Needing chuck key for Ridgid drill press 1/2" chuck

Bruce, I would have never thought of ebay...:rotflm: Thus the reason I posted. I checked all those places and the part is obsolete. Plus, there are many variances amongst 1/2" 'jacobs' chucks. Couldn't locate specific
  2. Truefire

Thank you Woody, I was not familiar. Thanks.
  3. Truefire

You got it!!! Very frustrating. :BangHead: and then even amongst their own makes they're changing, swapping and making variances so quick and so often that we've become one big nation of, "Throw it away, it's cheaper to buy another one- new one"....smh.
  4. Truefire

Lathe manufacture/make....headstock quick release mechanism.. Any machinists?

Hank, what do you think a good price would be for a used unit about the same size as the one in the video?
  5. Truefire

I have an older Ridgid floor model drill press. Model: DP15501. My chuck key (817339) has completely fell apart in my hand. All of the replacement site pages.."they're obsolete." Anyone familiar with a site that might house older, obsolete tooling? I did locate a key earlier but didn't...
  6. Truefire

Help needed to decide IF I should buy a lathe

For starters...and for turning legs...a roughing gouge and a 3/8" spindle gouge will suffice. Those two will put you on the ground running for a long time. You can turn tons of things with just those two. My next would be a fingernail gouge -'fingernail spindle gouge'. If you know what your'e...
  7. Truefire

So does anyone have any specific searching terminology to suggest that might aide in locating one of those type lathes?
  8. Truefire

Wow!! I never knew and I'm certain I've stood right beside some of those lathes when I took some machining coursework eons ago. Thanks for enlightening me. So, I'm wondering what would be some good search terms to utilize, in an effort to locate older classics and mediocre models floating...
  9. Truefire

Yeah, I'm familiar with collets, I use them all the time but the arrangement is something I've never seen. The mechanism is what I was referencing, not just the lever. Gotcha! -that's the part I was looking for- "toolroom lathes". Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for that...
  10. Truefire

There is a video on youtube of this fine fellow over in Japan which makes very nice fountain ink pens. He owns this smaller metal lathe of the sorts which has a quick release mechanism built onto the backside of the headstock. Anyone have any idea what the mechanism is termed, called, etc...
  11. Truefire

Radiant heat--stranded wire grid sandwich between two layers drywall

Cool, so it seems like it was definitely a system used quite a bit during the 60s leading right up into mid 70s. That was the detail I was looking for. Perhaps I should have added more information to the mix but didn't think it was necessary. My reason for asking was to gain the years the...
  12. Truefire

Radiant heat--stranded wire grid sandwich between two layers drywall

Attempting to ascertain what the name of the heating system is called (or was called) which is found in the early 70 homes and perhaps late 60 homes, whereby a wire grid is created between two layers of sheetrock on the ceiling? The system consisted of #12AWG stranded wires which received...
  13. Truefire

Guitar #2...Cedar

very interesting project...keep up the posts
  14. Truefire

Anyone built a teardrop trailer/camper?

Dave you're on to it!! It'll be the perfect little solution for what you just mentioned. Really all your'e looking for is a mattress and a little stove kit away from home. I've seen inside teardrops, there is plenty of room for sleeping. Not much room for standing :rotflm: but your'e gonna be...
  15. Truefire

Anyone built a teardrop trailer/camper?

Well I haven't built a teardrop but certainly gave a thousand thoughts towards building one. I did however build a slide-in truck camper out of Nida-Core composite panels, which I used for four years to get me through school at NC State. I lived in that baby for four years...sold it, its up in...
  16. Truefire

Odd electrical issue

Thanks Ethan. Very helpful. Brian- I realize I took your thread over into left field. I did so after realizing your issue was seemingly resolved. :wink_smil
  17. Truefire

Odd electrical issue

Ethan- are the Eaton brand breakers which are designated for use around 'ham' radios marked with a defined, manufacturing type stamp, embossed designator? Understanding they'd be 'listed' but do they possess that designator or are you referring to another type marked breaker which are being...
  18. Truefire

Odd electrical issue

Great stuff there Ethan! Thanks for sharing the in-depth insight into the world of Ham equipment and it's impacts. I really appreciate the insight and knowledge. Something new to learn all the time. Being a licensed electrician myself, I'm still amazed and quite often amused at the depth and...
  19. Truefire

Odd electrical issue

Those prior have covered this issue really well and it doesn't seem like my question to follow would subtract from the original poster's inquiry. Therefore, I have a question for Ethan. I'm familiar with the nuisance tripping on the AFCIs and actually don't like Eaton brands at all. You...
  20. Truefire

Elevated wood floor above grade - insulating options brainstorm

Jeff- Thank you. I certainly don't want that. Thank you so much for sharing, appreciate that. Leaning towards the mineral wool insulate more and more. Jim- thank you. Love the idea of the paper backed being fastened on top of the joists. One concern, I'm thinking I might need a different...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS