Search results

1. woodhead

Scroll Saw Opinions

Thanks Cathy,that is some awesome work. I especially like the humming bird one as I like those little buggers. Beautiful!
  2. woodhead

Scroll Saw Opinions

Glad you asked this question Doug I would love to see the type of work done with a scroll saw. I've been interested in one too but I'm not too familiar with what you do with it. So... if anybody wants to post some pics of their work, I'm sure we'd all like to see them. Thanks Alan
  3. woodhead

Shellac rub out method sought HELP!

Thanks for ideas Thanks guys, I switched to a cork sanding block and that helped a lot. I followed up with 600g wet/ dry paper then steel wool dry then with wax. I am satisfied with the results. Does anybody know if steareted (sp)paper is available in grits higher than 400. The 600...
  4. woodhead

Hi All, I posted this on the general board before I saw this finishing one. I have some small boxes that I finished with shellac. I wiped on a lot of 2 lb. coats and got a pretty good surface. But the rubbing out seems so labor intensive. I'm starting with 400g sterated paper then 0000...
  5. woodhead

Hi All, I have some small boxes that I finished with shellac. I wiped on a lot of 2 lb. coats and got a pretty good surface. But the rubbing out seems so labor intensive. I'm starting with 400g sterated paper then 0000 steel wool. After this I wax and shine. I don't like waxing with steel...
  6. woodhead

My First two Wood Burning projects

Tha't fantastick! You really have an artistic gift there. Do you do that for a living? Great work!
  7. woodhead

Picnic Aftermath

Hi Steve, I just wanted to thank you and Gail for the great event. I only got to talk to you briefly but I'm glad I met you. I just recently moved to Raleigh so I don't know many people here but I'm looking forward to meeting as many of the folks here as possible. I loved the event...
  8. woodhead

Wood sources near Wake County

Thanks Jack, I'll definitely keep that in mind. You're not far away. Scott, Thanks for that tip.
  9. woodhead

Hi George, Good to hear from you. Yes, I should be there and hope to meet you in person. Where is the picnic and what do I bring? Alan
  10. woodhead

Thanks all; that should get me started. Great info! And Doug, I've been meaning to call you. I just got back into town. I'd like to get together again and see what you're up to.
  11. woodhead

Hi All, I live in Wakefield Plantation and want to know where you buy your wood? I'm looking for maple, cherry, walnut etc. for building small projects. I moved here from Maryland and had many places close by where I could buy wood. But I can't seem to find anybody close to me here in NC...
  12. woodhead

ShopNotes - Tips for Your Shop

A BIG congrats to you Don. I can't wait to see it. :icon_chee
  13. woodhead

Flea market gloat

HI Mike, That's a good find there. How do you plan on cleaning them up? Alan
  14. woodhead

Router gloat

Mike, Congrats on the new toys. I have that same combo and love using it. Alan
  15. woodhead

The Week's Projects

Thanks Wayne! Yes, that explains it very well. I like those plastic drafting triangles too. Cheap and accurate. Oh, and thanks for reading my mind. I used poor wording in my question but you figured it out. :gar-Bi
  16. woodhead

while i was away

Fred, Those cabinets look great. Your Mom must be proud and very happy. What kind of wood is that? Alan
  17. woodhead

The Week's Projects

Nice work Wayne. Would you mind describing how you fine tuned the cross cut sled? Thanks Alan
  18. woodhead

coffee table

Wow, what a beauty. I love the wood and the style.
  19. woodhead

Little gloat

Congrats on the upgrade. I beleive you even without the pics. Now where are those pics? :)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors