Search results

1. Arguseyed

Bookcase tie to sloped ceiling

This might help. I created this and forgot to include in original post :eusa_doh: [/IMG]
  2. Ceiling

Ceiling

3. Arguseyed

Dave, Roughly measuring, I'd say about 6". The sides will not be exposed, the bookcases are going to run along the entire wall. My initial thought was to extend the plywood sides of the bookcases beyond the top of the bookcases and cut them at an angle to match the ceiling/wall. I thought...
  4. Arguseyed

For those of you a lot smarter than me, how would you suggest I tie a built-in bookcase into a ceiling like this? The sloped part of the ceiling meets the wall at about 120° and the bookcase will intersect at about the mid point of the slope. I've thought of just leaving it flat at the top and...
  5. Arguseyed

Makita MAC700 Compressor - $130

Been watching for a while at Amazon, price just dropped to $130 w/ free shipping. Seems to get decent review and it's supposed to be quiet. Darn credit card literally jumped out of my wallet... Amazon item # B0001Q2VK0 Jeremy
  6. Arguseyed

Wood storage, milling, where did I go wrong?

Thanks all for the suggestions and tips! I'll be sure to employ them next time around. Gotta love this site! Where "wood" I be without it.......
  7. Arguseyed

Wood storage, milling, where did I go wrong?

Last weekend I was building a simple panel cutting sled and grabbed a piece of 5" wide 4/4 scrap poplar to use as a fence. Yeah, I know poplar is not the best choice but it's what I had. I proceeded to face joint, plan to thickness, edge joint and then rip to size. Final dimensions = 31"...
  8. Arguseyed

2 Big Cabinets or 4 Little Cabinets?

Trent - Yes, my plan has been to build the bookcases separately and then attach to the wall and top of the cabinets. You may be waiting a while to see any completed photos. My wife's been waiting on this thing for a year now and I haven't even started! Of course when she first asked if I could...
  9. Arguseyed

As I lay in bed last night thinking about it, I decided smaller cabinets would be the way to go for all the reasons you mentioned Dave. As far as material choice for the carcass, I still haven't decided on MDF or PLY. (the whole thing is going to be painted white to go with the Arts & Crafts...
  10. Arguseyed

So I'm starting to sketch up a wall unit / entertainment center that I'm going to attempt to build and need some advice. My basic plan is to construct base cabinets with bookshelves attached to the top. As you can see, I've got 2 large cabinet areas that will be offset by a couple of inches...
  11. Arguseyed

Festool on CL

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/573307100.html
  12. Arguseyed

Table saw workstation ?

Jon, Check out the one I've almost completed. It's a tank and with the heavy duty locking casters I got from Lee Valley, it won't budge when they're locked. Jeremy http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=1499
  13. Table Saw / Router Workstation

Table Saw / Router Workstation

14. Table Saw / Router Workstation

15. Table Saw / Router Workstation

16. Table Saw / Router Workstation

17. Arguseyed

Contractor's saw rip 8/4 stock?

Thanks for the quick replies guys. Having never cut anything but plywood and 1x material from the borg, wasn't sure if I was biting off more than I could chew. Jeremy
  18. Arguseyed

Pre delivery gloat......

You my friend are Sir Suckalot! I might be worthy of such a tool in 10 or so years!
  19. Arguseyed

Contractor's saw rip 8/4 stock?

A rookie needs some guidance here. I'm building an outfeed table for my contractor's saw and need to make some 1.5" square legs. Will my Delta contractor's saw rip 8/4 birch stock? Since I now have a jointer and a planer, I refuse to go to the BORG and buy poplar or red oak! I've got some extra...
  20. Arguseyed

Now for the really real Woodcraft scoop!

Good news and sad news at the same time. With all the speculation that Norm's soon to retire, maybe you can take over for him Tom ;-) You've got a slightly better mug, a bigger shop and best of all.........A KILT :lol: Jeremy

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS