Search results

1. Johnathon

Shop Cleanout - jointer, compressor, etc.

Hey all. I have a few items I'm looking to clear out soon. I like giving y'all first dibs before going to Facebook. Located in Fort Mill SC, just below Charlotte. Boice Crane 6" Jointer - $400 iGaging Set of 2 Bench squares - $65 Freeman cordless compressor with 4 amp battery and charger -...
  2. Johnathon

Grizzly Combo 12” Jointer/Planer 120v

Was browsing today and came across this tool at Grizzly: 12" Combo Planer/Jointer at Grizzly.com In my shop 220v isn't an option without a significant electrical overhaul. So this may be a good option to get me more than 6" capacity in a 110v/15amp tool. It still has short beds, but I might be...
  3. Johnathon

Delta Drill Press with Foot Feed (Spartanburg, SC) - $640

Not mine. A nice looking model with a cool feature you can't find anymore. https://greenville.craigslist.org/tls/d/simpsonville-vintage-delta-14-drill/7517929117.html
  4. Johnathon

Green Carving from Logs

I've made several spatulas by cutting blanks from project scraps on my bandsaw and chiseling/spokeshaving. I'm waiting on a large gouge in the mail this week and want to do a couple of spoons. Then a neighbor had a large section of a pecan tree dropped and let me pick through it. I've got a few...
  5. Johnathon

Laser Engraving Cutting Boards - recommendations?

I'm looking to get a laser for doing personalization/logos on cutting boards and small items but I'm not sure what options I should seriously consider. I've done a small craft market so I'm very much still a hobbyist, though I've had some interest from businesses in using my items for client...
  6. Johnathon

Cutting Board Troubleshooting

I made several cutting boards with the intention of selling them at a small pop up near me. When buffing the last coat of oil I noticed that while they were dead flat before they (nearly all) have a teeny bit of rock across the diagonals now (if I press one corner the opposing is up in the air a...
  7. Johnathon

Built-in Bookcases

"Finished up" my first large project this weekend (still have to put up the crown moulding and shoe, but that could take a while). Doors started as rough sawn poplar, plywood center panels. Goofed on the hinge specs so my overlay dimensions ended up a little short but for my living room I'm happy.
  8. Johnathon

Garage Workshop Layout

Hello everyone, I have been contemplating how to improve the layout of my shop and hoped for some experienced input. I "work" (hobby?) in a 2-car garage, ~21'x21", which has few actual garage items anymore... Picture below. My main issue currently is that I feel like I walk around the table...
  9. Johnathon

Vintage Craftsman Router

Hey all, newbie here (still haven't gotten around to my intro post), but I am trying to clean up my small shop and this vintage router is on its way out. It is in good working order, box is a little worse for wear. I believe it dates to ~1963. A few accessories and a handful of original bits...
  10. Johnathon

Old Boice Crane Jointer Question

Understanding that owwm might be a better place to go for this question... I have an appointment to look at a Boice Crane 1400 Jointer in the morning. It has been restored by the current owner and looks gorgeous. My fear is that the manual says it is 36", is that too short to be useful? Does...
  11. Johnathon

Rockwell Delta - Table Saw, RS, 6" Jointer - $1500 (Gone)

Not sure if this is a "hot deal" but definitely are good looking machines. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1614768578869295/?ref=facebook_story_share
  12. Johnathon

Oak Lumber - 700bdft - $2000

Not mine. I considered messaging saying that $3 per foot was on the low end, but decided to let y'all know instead. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/245418774308068/

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors