Search results

1. Johnathon

Boice Crane 12" Planer

Beautiful restoration. I love the look of the Boice Crane machines.
  2. Johnathon

Black melamine 4x8?

Wurth has had black melamine on ply and MDF cores on their website. But I can't get anyone there to answer or return a phone call. I don't know if they're exclusively catering to large accounts now or something else.
  3. Johnathon

Shop Cleanout - jointer, compressor, etc.

Hey all. I have a few items I'm looking to clear out soon. I like giving y'all first dibs before going to Facebook. Located in Fort Mill SC, just below Charlotte. Boice Crane 6" Jointer - $400 iGaging Set of 2 Bench squares - $65 Freeman cordless compressor with 4 amp battery and charger -...
  4. Johnathon

Large 52-1/2 Record-clone quick-release vise $80 (Sold)

If you were closer to Charlotte, then you'd have my money already. I'm about to build a hand tool bench. Commenting just in case there's someone who could help us facilitate that transaction.
  5. Johnathon

Grizzly Combo 12” Jointer/Planer 120v

Unfortunately it's not that simple. My detached garage was built in the 70s and is wired with a single 30amp breaker from the panel in the house. The house is also underserved, with a 100amp service. So between having to upgrade the service, replace the main panel, and install a sub (or more...
  6. Johnathon

I've heard the same. Not sure if this will be any better. I'll probably wait for some more reviews before I jump.
  7. Johnathon

Was browsing today and came across this tool at Grizzly: 12" Combo Planer/Jointer at Grizzly.com In my shop 220v isn't an option without a significant electrical overhaul. So this may be a good option to get me more than 6" capacity in a 110v/15amp tool. It still has short beds, but I might be...
  8. Johnathon

Lie-Nielsen Bronze No 4 Plane - $100 (High Point, NC) GONE

I doubt it. That'd be fractions of a penny versus what they'd get from someone sending them $120 via cash app.
  9. Johnathon

Oh I'm going to let it lie. Too far away to pretend to meet in person. Just thought I'd let people know what came of my email.
  10. Johnathon

Did get a response this morning.
  11. Johnathon

You know inflation is bad when scams are up more than 100%. $100 seemed more realistic than $40 for sure. Glad I saw these posts before I messaged any further. But I was growing wary since I emailed in the first couple hours it was up and hadn't heard anything. Plus it was still up.
  12. Johnathon

Delta Drill Press with Foot Feed (Spartanburg, SC) - $640

Not mine. A nice looking model with a cool feature you can't find anymore. https://greenville.craigslist.org/tls/d/simpsonville-vintage-delta-14-drill/7517929117.html
  13. Johnathon

Green Carving from Logs

Wow Mark, your gallery is really big. That's a good point though, I should probably paint the ends of some of this since I won't get to it for a little time and by then I might want to try some more furniture sized items.
  14. Johnathon

Green Carving from Logs

I have watched several ways, I'm inclined toward Paul Sellers method but I haven't seen a video of him prepping the stock, just carving from a square blank. Maybe I missed it though, his video library is huge. And users.
  15. Johnathon

Green Carving from Logs

I've made several spatulas by cutting blanks from project scraps on my bandsaw and chiseling/spokeshaving. I'm waiting on a large gouge in the mail this week and want to do a couple of spoons. Then a neighbor had a large section of a pecan tree dropped and let me pick through it. I've got a few...
  16. Johnathon

SOLD Delta 1HP Dust Collector with Filter - $350

Too far from me to be the worth the trip, especially since I don't have a budget for a dust collector right now. Ha
  17. Johnathon

SOLD Delta 1HP Dust Collector with Filter - $350

Where are you located, Tim? I may be interested.
  18. Johnathon

extending glue setup time

You probably know but, titebond 3 has a better open time than the others. May still not be enough for that many parts though.
  19. Johnathon

Incra Ultra Precision Woodworking Fence System - $125 (Winston Salem) GONE

I would try to haggle for the table to be included if I were closer. What good is either without the other? Besides even if they want a bit for it, it might still be a deal. Edit: not included for that price, obviously. But for a couple hundred more maybe.
  20. Johnathon

Laser Engraving Cutting Boards - recommendations?

I made the call and preordered the new aufero (ortur). I'll report back when I get a chance to try it out.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors