Search results

1. Linc H

Introduction - Linc Havens

I am new to woodworking. A current member of NC Woodworkers is my neighbor and good friend Bill L. He invited me to join as part of my new journey. I am a Navy Vet, worked in Crash and Salvage on the flight deck. I grew up in Boston and am still a New Englander at heart. I am looking forward to...
  2. Linc H

Bosch 1181 router table

Hi all, I have a Bosch router table. I really like using it. One thing it doesn’t have is a mitre fence. There is a simple slot and I am wondering if any one has manufactured some kind of mitre fence for this model router table. Your feedback is appreciated, Linc
  3. Linc H

Trout Net Build

I decided to figure out how to build a trout net. I love fishing and am learning to love wood working. So this is what has come from my 2 passions. I went fishing with my 2 sons, son in law and best friend who is a Pastor. We went to Todd NC. April 9th. the weather turned cold 39 degrees and...
  4. Linc H

Melamine

Looking to make an outfeed fence for my Bosch Router table. I have a split fence and wanted to create a slight off set to the out feed side at approx 1/8" thicker than the front fence. The front fence is 1/2" thick MDF with Melamine coating. I can make the MDF fence, however I am having a tough...
  5. Linc H

Ok dust seems to be the enemy

New to woodworking here however, quickly figuring out that dust is the enemy. Shop vac, fans and dust masks not able to keep up. I am building out my shed, 12 x 8 and putting some tools in there. ( Oscillating Sander, router table, drill press, small band saw and will also be using hand tools...
  6. Linc H

Cigar Ash Tray - Input appreciated

I am making a cherry cigar ash Tray for a friend. We want to incorporate a Challenge coin into the design. The coin is 1 3/4" Diameter and is 1/8" thick. It will be flush mounted on top of the corner of the ashtray. He wants it secure, however removable so he can occasionally swap it out with...
  7. Linc H

Bosch 1617EVS Router

Bosch 1617EVS Router - I am looking for just the motor if anyone has one lying around. It will be mounted in the 1181 table and I have the attachment. Thanks.
  8. Linc H

Chess Board - Advice - Help

I am new to wood working; however, I enjoy challenges. One of my first projects this year was making a chess board. It provided plenty of challenges for sure. I chose this project for several reasons. 1) My son and I play chess and thought a board would be a nice gift. 2) Thought I would learn a...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors