Search results

1. M

Precision Square For Tool Setup

Another precision tool you might want to consider is a Lufkin 900 planer gauge. It’s dead on square and a great machine set up tool. They’re hardened steel bodies and you can buy them used online for $50-100. I have one that was my dads and I use it all the time. I’ve verified its accuracy with...
  2. M

I bought the TSO MTR-18 a couple years ago to work with my MTF bench. It’s a very good large triangle and protractor on its own but it really shines on the MFT bench where you can plug it in two guide your stock and cut with the track on the dogs. I was cutting some white oak stair skirt boards...
  3. M

All my precision squares are either Starrett’s or old Lufkin’s (when they made Starrett type machinist type measuring tools before they were absorbed by a multinational corp). I inherited a number of my measuring tools from my dad and bought a some over the years. My large protractor is Starrett...
  4. M

Barnwood - first time and probably my last -update finished!

Sorry Dorm. My mistake reading your post.
  5. M

Hi Dorm, I think you’re confusing my post with someone else. I will be working in barn wood in the future as it’s one of the materials we’re not afraid to use. You just need to reprogram your approach to deal with its idiosyncrasies. I think the best advice I can give is that you should figure...
  6. M

Thanks Roy! To each his own on the barnwood. It’s interesting work to build these but I personally wouldn’t want to live with it as my main kitchen. On something like your referring to, we would remove all those nails before using it. Sometimes you have to carefully cut wood like this to expose...
  7. M

Here’s a few photos from our last kitchen.
  8. M

Hi all, An online search lead me to this forum and then I noticed this recent barnwood thread. I work in a high end custom cabinet shop in northern Michigan and one of our kind of unique specialties is making barnwood kitchens and furniture. We’ve built quite a few kitchens and typically buy the...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors