Search results

1. B

Polyurethane Puzzle

I've had a hand painted lazy susan for 15 years. Well-the wife tried to clean it with some of those alcohol wipes and it has left the top surface gummy. The manufacturer says they use Low VOC Polyurethane to finish-I assume this means water based Poly. Question is : how to fix the gumminess...
  2. B

Cremation Ash Box

This one was requested by a family member. A fairly religious family member :) Interior is around 200cu inches. Cover/base are hard maple with light pecan stain to warm it. Sides are goncalo alves using half lapped miter joints. Scottish/Celtic cross also goncalo alves. Walnut inlays are...
  3. B

1st Box-so many errors

This one took awhile. I had received (bought for myself) for Xmas the Infinity Lapped Miter Joint Router bit set and finally got around to trying them out. I like them. 1st error was not setting the bits right, which left a gap in the glue up --lesson learned 2nd error - the insert plate for...
  4. B

Another set of German Breakfast Boards

Family keeps asking for these, and I oblige but try to improve on each iteration. I added the walnut corner inserts on this one and narrowed the slots so everything would stand at 5deg and not flop around loosely. Was happy with this piece of walnut-lots of nice color in it. I think i can take...
  5. B

Cutoff coasters and holder

Slowly my cutoff pile is starting to overtake my little shop. So i had to do something. Basic idea was to begin by cutting my cutoffs to a functional size and shape to then build "blocks" out of these. These could then be assembled however and cut into a final useful object. I settled on...
  6. B

3D Printer Box

One of the kiddos got himself a 3D printer. Knowing nothing about these things aside from asking someone to mockup demos for me at work, I looked into them a bit to understand the materials used in the process. Turns out the various plastics (filaments I think they call them in the print world)...
  7. B

Breakfast Boards

One of those "repeat" projects. I had made something like this in the past but having recently acquired a set of chisels, I thought I'd give the slots a go after some initial routing..leaving them rustic on the walls. The boards are Walnut (Peru?) , the base was marked as Bass Wood - I liked...
  8. B

Hello from Apex

Hi all- though I have posted on various threads here, I see it is requested to make some sort of introduction-lets call this that :) My name is Troy living in Apex. I have been working on putting together a small project space (based on a Shopsmith) to begin learning about woodworking and...
  9. B

Side table and lamps from scrap pile

Been trying to reduce my scrap boxes (not sure I was successful) ...and finally finished off these. Made from pine/poplar/walnut and I think a bit of purpleheart leftovers. All cut to dimension, then glued together. b
  10. B

Poplar Planter Stands

I did a few of these to pass around on Mothers Day. The gift recipients have really liked them. I liked the simplicity of the build and the challenge addition for me to create mortise/tenon joints for the cross members to attach to the legs. You can see on that closest tenon - it was too large...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors