Search results

1. T

Gluing up exotics?

Was wondering if when gluing exotics ( cutting boards is what I'm gluing up ) if I need to wipe the surface with mineral spirits or anything else? The reason asking is because on 2 boards I made there was hair line gap on the end of 2 different cutting boards and both hair line gaps was on the...
  2. T

Serving tray/ charcuterie board...

Here's a serving tray made for a friend at work for him and his wife's anniversary. It's walnut, hard maple and purple heart. Have about 7 actual cutting boards making right now with this kind of design just with different species and sizes.
  3. T

Can't find belt for jointer...

I have a 6" Delta open stand jointer and the belt broke. I've gone to all the local auto parts stores trying to find one and no luck. I stay in Sanford NC. Does anyone know where I would have any luck finding one. Thanks in advance
  4. T

Jointer problems

I have a 6 inch delta jointer. I replaced blades recently and while doing so I checked the tables to make sure coplanar to each other. I used metal straight edge (veritas). When I do heavy 16th inch cut seems to do fine. But if I go lower than that it's start to make material wedge shape. Can't...
  5. T

Should I or don't worry about it?

I got a cutting board that I'm making and got it sanding to 220. Wiped out off with mineral spirits to get ready to apply finish and noticed a hairline crack-gap-void (not sure technical word for it but a problem I think). It is running along the ring that I have circled in picture. If zoom in...
  6. T

Charcuterie boards that I'm working on

Here is a batch of charcuterie boards that just about finished. Three of them are pecan ( that got from a member off of here) and blood wood. The other is pecan and walnut. Tried and true danish oil.
  7. T

Straight edge ?

I'm finally setting up my jointer for first time and I don't have anything good enough for straight edge. My question is will a 24" be long enough or do I need to get 38". I'm pretty sure the tables are going to face to be shimmed and I'm replacing the blades. It's a open stand Delta 6 inch if...
  8. T

Epoxy ?

First and foremost this is my first time working with epoxy! With that said I'm making some charcuterie boards and filling small voids. One of the boards had a huge knot and it had to be removed. You can see in the pic how big the hole is. My question is what do I need to do/use to cover the...
  9. T

Nova lite supernova 2 Chuck for sale.. SOLD

As the title says I have a super nova Chuck that I won on the raffle. Ii don't have a lathe or space to get one so there won't be no use of this for me. At rockler and woodcraft it is $194 before tax and shipping and $180 at klingspor. I will let it go for $150. If interested let me know and can...
  10. T

Is this popular??

I got these at work today. They was part of a crate. I got 5 of them they are 8 inches wide and around 115 inches. They have a lot of purple-pinkish color. Also the main color is a greenish. I'm not sure what they are. Abby help us greatly appreciated and thanks in advance. The last picture I...
  11. T

Filtering shellac?

I'm making shellac for the first time. Just curious on what's the best way to filter it and what to use... Don't know if make a difference... From what I read I made it around 2 lb cut. Also do you use same rag over and over and if so do you store it in the shellac or a separate container? Thanks
  12. T

Finished jewelry box

I finally finished the jewelry box. The case is made out of purple heart. The drawer fronts and door panel and back panel are ambrosia maple. The back was resaw and bookmatched. Case construction and drawers are all hand cut dovetails. The dividers are held in with sliding dovetails. Drawer...
  13. T

Delta jointer... Is this decent model

I found a jointer and suppose to go pick up this afternoon. Wondering if anyone has or has one like this and if so was it decent model. I got old Craftsman and outfeed has no adjustment and I'm not getting square stock like I think I should. Reason being I'm wanting another jointer.
  14. T

WTB 6 inch jointer...

I'm looking for a 6 inch jointer where the fence is mounted in the middle ( like grizzly, rigid later model Deltas). I've been looking on Craigslist and everything is to far away that's in my price range. I have a old Craftsman where the outfeed doesn't adjust and it's just not accurate and I'm...
  15. T

How to sand?

Start out saying I thought I new how to sand and boy was I wrong. Really find out when precision is involved. I've found videos on going threw the grits but that's all I can find. Any tips on how fast to sand, how to keep from rounding over edges, how much material to allow for on a project for...
  16. T

Mortise and tenons?

I'm building a jewelery box that has 3 drawers on one side and frame and panel door on the other side. The styles and rails are purple heart and panel will be ambrosia maple. I've got my drawers fitted and just about finished and started on making the door and the styles and rails didn't line up...
  17. T

Dewalt 734 making rattling noise?

My dewalt 734 is making a rattling noise... It stop for a brief moment thenstart back. Does while are idle and when planning wood and stops while doing both. I changed the blades (while I was checking for loose screws/bolts) and that didn't change nothing nor did I find anything. Was seeing if...
  18. T

Another wood?

This is a log milled on the bandsaw but not sure what it is. I think it's birch from what I've seen online but not 100%. Is it birch or something else?
  19. T

Free harbor freight planer blades!

I have 2 packs of harbor freight planer blades brand new. Free to whoever wants them. Someone gave them to me and I have no use for them. Got them just in case someone on here can use them.
  20. T

Fresh cut ceder

Yesterday went and cut down a few dead red ceder trees. People wanted em gone bc was leaning towards house. Cut one log on the saw mill. Have very little sap wood.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors