Search results

1. K

Pin Nailer

I do not have a compressor so that option is out. Really not going to use it that much so I do not mind having a power cord. It will be used mostly to hold small pieces in place until the glue is dry. Mostly where it is almost impossible to use clamps. Any recommendations will be appreciated.
  2. K

riving knife

Do you change the riving knife every time you change the TS blade to a different kerf? I bought a Delta TS in 1994 and the only thing I did not like was the blade cover and riving knife. It has been off every since. It has taken a while(duh) for me to see the light. I have the same fence...
  3. K

Which TS blade

What is the best blade to use to cut birch plywood?
  4. K

cutting a radius

Making a box and decided to cut a radius on the bottom corners rather than chiseling out the corners on the body of the box.. It has been decades but I have done this in the past. I have even gotten my old college drafting tools out and I can not figure out how to do this. Dang this is...
  5. K

cutting off top of box

When cutting off a glued on box top do you use a TS or BS. I have not made a box in over 30 years. I do not want to misquote John Leake but I believe he said it is inherent for a BS to leave an gap. The thought of using a BS and then sanding while maintaining a perfect fit does not appeal to...
  6. K

box clamp

What box clamp do you use with a box with 45 degree edges?
  7. K

Delta 50-850 dust collector ?

I am looking for a Y connector to insert into one of the 2 ports on the DC. I have a 4" Y connector but it will not fit in the port on the DC. I am using the DC for my table saw, BS and ROS. Now I am having to change the hose each time I switch from BS to ROS. It would be easier to just open...
  8. K

cherry wood and the sun

There is another active thread concerning how to darken cherry. I did not what to be accused of stealing that thread. This one is about how not to darken cherry In the other thread there is a comment on placing the cherry in the sun. There is a right way and a wrong way. About 20/25 years ago...
  9. K

measurement ?

This is from Cutting Board Designer web site. What does fbm stand for? Walnut: 28.675in x 7.675in x 1.175in (1.796fbm = $20.47)
  10. K

Calculating BF used to make a cutting board

A couple of weeks ago I had a post about the Cutting Board Designer JS. I have never really paid much attention to how many BF it takes to make a cutting board. Now that I am using the Designer JS I am in shock about how many BF are used. My wife asked me to make boards for her to give away...
  11. K

cutting board designer JS

Taking advantage of the cold weather(ha) I have been watching videos on woodworking. On one of the videos there was a link to "cutting board designer JS". It is an interactive site which is a real aid in designing cutting boards. I have not seen it mentioned here so I thought I would pass it on...
  12. K

Router collet extention

While shopping for a router bit I ran across a router bit extension. I had never seen one before. It would solve my problem of not having a plunge base. Anyone ever use one of these. Would it be safe to use with a Porter Cable 690 1.75 hp router with a 1/2" shank 1.5 diameter flattening bit.
  13. K

roller stand

I am planing wood with my planer by using a sled. Between the melamine sled, wood and my old age things have gotten a little hard to handle. I want to buy 2 roller stands and cost is a factor.. Which roller stand would be the best bang for the bucks.
  14. K

router bit for planning

I am going to make a router sled so I can use my router to plane boards wider than my planner(one n or two?) What would be the best bit?
  15. K

Porter Cable 690 router plunge base

Looking for a 690 plunge base. If anyone has one sitting on a shelf not being used I would be happy to buy it.
  16. K

glue up

When I first started this adventure I learned to put glue on both edges. I have watched a lot of utube videos where glue is only placed on one edge. What is the correct way? Did things change because the glue is now better or have I been wasting glue?
  17. K

Delta13" 2 speed planner, 1994

I posted a couple of months ago I was having snipe on both ends of a board. Did receive a couple of suggestions which were new to me. I now have snipe only on the leading end. If I am planning a10 ft. board this is not a problem. It is when I have a project to the final length where I can not...
  18. K

Rigid R2600 VS 5" ROS problem

This sander has lots of hours of use It runs for a while and then kind of dies. I thought it would be the switch but what I read said the problem was the bearing 75% of the time. I installed a new bearing and the same thing is happening. Sometimes when I lift the ROS it will speed back up...
  19. K

Delta 2 speed Planner model 22-580 circa 1994

In Oct. I posted a snipe problem with my planner. Thanks for all the responses I have tried everything I know how to do and the suggestions of forum members. I still have snipe on the leading end of the board. The planner has seen a lot of use. Every board I have ever used went through the...
  20. K

TS blade sharpening

I have a glue line TS blade I need sharpened . Would like to avoid shipping. Looking for recommendations in the Rock Hill, Fort Mill , Indian Land, Monroe area.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS