Search results

1. P

Dovetails

That looks incredible! I love the cat prints.
  2. P

Dovetails

Nice, yeah sawing free hand here so I liked this layout method.
  3. P

Dovetails

I recommend it. It's been a very enjoyable process. Just be patient with yourself, there is a couple weeks of practice between the two pictures I posted but it starts coming together and is very satisfying.
  4. P

Dovetails

I cut tails first
  5. P

Dovetails

For fun, I figured I would post my progress on learning handtool woodworking, specifically hand cut dovetails. Shout out to @pop-pop who was kind enough to sell me a portable workbench/vice (until I build my own bench) and Stanley no 5 which has been awesome to get started with and learn on...
  6. P

White oak bedside tables

Thanks, I'll definitely consider writing one up!
  7. P

White oak bedside tables

Thanks, Eric!
  8. P

White oak bedside tables

Thanks! Finish schedule was really simple on these. I only did 1 coat of rubio. Applied with a t-shirt rag and buffed in with a maroon scotchbrite. Wiped off the excess and let dry for 24 hrs. I was plenty happy with that. They make a hardener that you can apply for extra protection afterwards...
  9. P

White oak bedside tables

Thanks Joe. For the carcass I did a 45 mitered box with dominos and glue
  10. P

White oak bedside tables

Hey Mike, Thanks! Yes, I designed these ones myself loosely based on other mid-century modern style bedside tables I've seen.
  11. P

White oak bedside tables

Haven't been as active here lately, but figured I would re-engage with the group and share a project I finished last year. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out and have enjoyed these in our master bedroom. Solid White oak carcass, base, legs and drawer faces. Plywood drawer box and shelf...
  12. P

Stanley #5 jack plane, type 5, circa 1890s - $80 (sold)

Not sure if I am able to direct message on here yet, but looks like you might be in Raleigh. I can make my way up there tomorrow if you want to send me a PM with your address / time that works for you. Im in Wilmington.
  13. P

@pop-pop would love to get this from you. Where are you located?
  14. P

Hey @pop-pop do you still have this? Would you recommend it for regular use? Looking to get into more handtool woodworking and on the search for a good usable #5 (and maybe others). Thanks!
  15. P

WTB 115" bandsaw blade in Wilmington

Thanks guys, ended up just running up to Raleigh to grab 2 blades this time. I'll definitely look into Klingspor next time!
  16. P

WTB 115" bandsaw blade in Wilmington

By chance does anyone have a 115" bandsaw blade (preferably 3/8" or 1/4") in Wilmington they want to part with? Or know of where I can get one locally? Had a blade snap and I need to finish this project before Friday. Hoping to avoid driving 2 hours to woodcraft in Raleigh. Cheers!
  17. P

For Sale - Jet 16-32 Plus Drum Sander - SOLD

I'd love to pick up a drum sander at some point and this seems like a great deal. However you are 5 hours and 40 minutes from me unfortunately.
  18. P

Hobbyist in Wilmington

Sounds awesome to me
  19. P

Hobbyist in Wilmington

Definitely appreciate it! But I hope you will share pics of your space. I'm sure its plenty awesome.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS