Search results

1. waitup

Cabinet finishing help needed (help found)

I've got a cabinet for a client that I need to get refinished. Long story short, we have an insurance job where we are matching existing cabinets. The cabinet and color have been discontinued, but the manufacturer still sells the doors as well as a natural box with stain and toner to make the...
  2. waitup

Benches for the wife

My wife wanted two benches/shelves to bookend our TV and act as storage for our son's stuff and extra seating when needed. This is what I came up with from her console table inspiration pic. The wood is hickory that came from our land. Got them finished with 3 days to spare before the family...
  3. waitup

Old Plane

I've got an old Bailey No. 6 that belonged to my great grandfather. I want to use it, but I don't want to destroy the value of a collectable antique. I guess my question is should I clean up these parts and screws or try to replace some of the really rusted ones? I'm more interested in the...
  4. waitup

Social Media/Content Pages

I've seen at least one other person mention a Youtube channel on here. I am also thinking about giving content creation a go, so I figured we could use a thread for people to list their channels/profiles to share with other members of the community. I follow woodworkers from all over the...
  5. waitup

Makita 18v Battery

I've got a couple of Makita 18v 3.0 Ah batteries that I don't use any more as I have switched to Dewalt after the drill died. Figured I'd see if anyone can use them here before I drop them in the recycle container at the big orange box. $30 for both or make an offer. I'm in Wake Forest and...
  6. waitup

Free Router Table Top - GONE

I have a Rockler MDF router table top that I am no longer using. It's free to someone who wants to meet me to grab it around North Raleigh/Wake Forest. You will need some sort of base to put it on as I have repurposed that cart into a holder for the dust collector bucket.
  7. waitup

Off-Topic Forum

I saw the mention of an "Off-Topic" forum in one of the "Who we are" posts. I have tried looked through my settings and searching this forum, but I can't seem to find where to opt-in to that forum. Any help would be appreciated.
  8. waitup

Grizzly Dust Collector G0440 GONE

Not mine (though I wish it could be). Edit: Not sure why link is in Chinese, but it works. I don't have Facebook so I wasn't logged in. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/973231486727657/?ref=search&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post
  9. waitup

Size of log to Quarter Saw?

I've got a white oak that fell in our woods and I would like to have it milled up to make a dining room table out of. My only concern is if the log is big enough to quarter saw. It is about 24" in diameter at the base. I want to do 12' long 8/4 boards so I can make a hefty 10' table-top. Do you...
  10. waitup

Klingspor Discount

I was at Klingspor this morning and when I asked about the NC Woodworker discount, he said it wasn't associated with my number. Searching here, I see that I must be "DQ', but nothing about what that means. Some clarification would be helpful.
  11. waitup

Wood Overlay Garage Door

Hi all, had a question come up on our home build and figured you could share some wisdom. We are doing a new house and have a beautiful custom cypress front door. I want to make our garage door match the front door by doing an overlay with 1/2" thick cypress on the flush metal door. What would...
  12. waitup

Hi from Wake Forest

Hi, I am a remodeling contractor by trade looking to get back into my hobby of fine woodworking and build some cabinets for a house we are currently building. Stumbled across you folks in one of my Google searches about dust collection for the shop in the new house and figured I'd jump in.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS