Search results

1. Ericlassiter18

1/8” Hardboard - SOLD (Durham, NC)

2 2x4 sheets of 1/8 hardboard 1 31”x51” sheet 1 41”x 48” sheet Durham, NC, message me if you want them
  2. Ericlassiter18

(SOLD) Assorted finishes and glues

Selling my stash of finishes and glues before moving next month. Just looking for a fair offer and a good home for them. The lot is as follows: - 1/2 gallon Titebond 3 - virtually full 16 oz bottle Titebond 2 Extend - 16 oz. MAS penetrating epoxy - 32 oz. MAS deep pour epoxy - 3/4 full quart...
  3. Ericlassiter18

Do I need a fifth leg?

In the final stages of building this TV stand. Sides are dovetailed 1" solid walnut, and vertical dividers are 5/8" walnut plywood set in 3/8" dados. 2 drawers on each side. my question is will i have any concern with sagging overtime if the span between the legs is 48" from their outer edges? I...
  4. Ericlassiter18

Assorted pipe clamps $40

3 3/4” clamps - 2 24” - 1 60” 2 1/2 clamps - 30” each 1 Pony 3/4” screw end of clamp set without pipe Located in Durham NC
  5. Ericlassiter18

Swirl marks and finishes calling for coarse sanding

When using a finish that calls for only sanding up to 150 grit (Waterlox in this instance), how do you eliminate swirl marks from a random orbit sander?
  6. Ericlassiter18

Skewed chisel edge with honing guide

I recently bought a new veritas side clamping honing jig, and it can never seem to get me a square edge on my narex richter chisels. I’ve switched over to doing it by hand and it’s helping a little, just a bigger learning curve. Regardless, still wanted to check on any ideas why the honing guide...
  7. Ericlassiter18

First drill press advice

Looking for advice and recommendations on a bench top drill press. Currently looking at the WEN 4210T 10” bench top press. Does anyone have this press/have thoughts on it or other recommendations?
  8. Ericlassiter18

Arm-R-Seal for a small bathroom vanity

I am building a floating vanity for a client and I have come to the point of applying a final finish. The couple wanted me to repurpose some wood (pine) from the old doors that were in the house before they started their renovations. I built the vanity with two large drawers out of the wood and...
  9. Ericlassiter18

Finish for a desk top

Going to start making a desktop shortly for a standing desk, and wanted to know what kind of finish you all would recommend. I know you should be writing on some sort of pad to prevent pencil marks anyways, but I want a finish that is going to be durable for the long run.
  10. Ericlassiter18

Dovetail box glue up

So I’m planning on making a dovetail jewelry box for my girlfriend for Christmas, and I have a question about glue up. From the videos I’ve watched you assemble the box so that it’s closed and then cut it open to create the top and bottom. My question is, do you do anything to prevent or...
  11. Ericlassiter18

Hello woodworkers

Hey everyone, happy to be a member of the group. Ive been on the facebook page for the past few months and have learned a lot from there. I hope that the forum will provide me with even more information. I recently graduated from UNC and am applying to medical schools. I picked up woodworking at...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors