Search results

1. Ericlassiter18

1/8” Hardboard - SOLD (Durham, NC)

@Bgossett635 I would think so? Haven’t used it for that personally, only thing would be the back side is not smooth
  2. Ericlassiter18

1/8” Hardboard - SOLD (Durham, NC)

2 2x4 sheets of 1/8 hardboard 1 31”x51” sheet 1 41”x 48” sheet Durham, NC, message me if you want them
  3. Ericlassiter18

(SOLD) Assorted finishes and glues

I’m in north Durham, I’ll be around wed-Saturday next week
  4. Ericlassiter18

(SOLD) Assorted finishes and glues

Selling my stash of finishes and glues before moving next month. Just looking for a fair offer and a good home for them. The lot is as follows: - 1/2 gallon Titebond 3 - virtually full 16 oz bottle Titebond 2 Extend - 16 oz. MAS penetrating epoxy - 32 oz. MAS deep pour epoxy - 3/4 full quart...
  5. Ericlassiter18

Do I need a fifth leg?

I’ve got a piece of 3/16” hardboard set within a rabbet spanning the entire back, with a couple cutouts for cords. Do you think this should suffice?
  6. Ericlassiter18

Do I need a fifth leg?

In the final stages of building this TV stand. Sides are dovetailed 1" solid walnut, and vertical dividers are 5/8" walnut plywood set in 3/8" dados. 2 drawers on each side. my question is will i have any concern with sagging overtime if the span between the legs is 48" from their outer edges? I...
  7. Ericlassiter18

Assorted pipe clamps $40

3 3/4” clamps - 2 24” - 1 60” 2 1/2 clamps - 30” each 1 Pony 3/4” screw end of clamp set without pipe Located in Durham NC
  8. Ericlassiter18

Swirl marks and finishes calling for coarse sanding

I had only been doing this for water based finishes, but I’ll give it a shot this time around
  9. Ericlassiter18

Swirl marks and finishes calling for coarse sanding

When using a finish that calls for only sanding up to 150 grit (Waterlox in this instance), how do you eliminate swirl marks from a random orbit sander?
  10. Ericlassiter18

Skewed chisel edge with honing guide

Yeah I think if I can get to doing it well without a jig It will make things a lot simpler
  11. Ericlassiter18

Skewed chisel edge with honing guide

I recently bought a new veritas side clamping honing jig, and it can never seem to get me a square edge on my narex richter chisels. I’ve switched over to doing it by hand and it’s helping a little, just a bigger learning curve. Regardless, still wanted to check on any ideas why the honing guide...
  12. Ericlassiter18

Misc Unisaw Stuff

Willing to sell just the incra? Don’t have a Unisaw for the rest of the lot
  13. Ericlassiter18

Lumber/ misc. items for sale - SOLD

Where are you located?
  14. Ericlassiter18

First drill press advice

Mainly looking for a ma CJ one to help me drill square holes. I just finished building a folding Adirondack chair, and have a friend who wants a couple for themselves. I figured a drill press will make this project a lot more streamlined. I started out making cutting boards and have just now...
  15. Ericlassiter18

First drill press advice

thank you everyone for all the responses, very helpful. This is why I joined this forum. I’ve found another craftsman, this one 15” that looks to be a little older. Only one picture but maybe a better buy? He is considering going down to $150. Thoughts vs the 10”? @tvrgeek @Oka Check out this...
  16. Ericlassiter18

First drill press advice

[ Going to look at the craftsman tomorrow, agreed to $80 if it looks solid. Think it’ll be okay for my first one
  17. Ericlassiter18

First drill press advice

Found this craftsman in Fuquay, but it looks newer than I think you were suggesting @tvrgeek ? https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/723250405049055/
  18. Ericlassiter18

First drill press advice

thank you for the review! I am only a hobbyist so I probably wont be doing too much heavy work with it. Mainly drilling holes and the occasional mortise. I saw a Rikon at a similar price range, but its only 8". I may look into the reviews on that one as well
  19. Ericlassiter18

First drill press advice

Looking for advice and recommendations on a bench top drill press. Currently looking at the WEN 4210T 10” bench top press. Does anyone have this press/have thoughts on it or other recommendations?
  20. Ericlassiter18

Arm-R-Seal for a small bathroom vanity

From what I saw online it seemed like it would be okay overtop of a water based stain, I was mainly concerned with how well it would hold up to the moisture of a bathroom. I have some penetrating epoxy left over from a previous project and saw online some talk of using that followed by...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS