Search results

1. E

Metal Furniture Project

Henry ,I love your profile quote ! My projects always take me 4 times longer than expected
  2. E

Finally did some woodworking today

Nice job ! I can relate , just posted about the cast iron pieces I worked on.The cedar boards on the bench rotted through too ,imagine that ! The leg on my bench broke and had to be welded. Getting new hardware for the bench was hard , went back with threaded inserts and the machine screws.
  3. E

Metal Furniture Project

Some Cast Iron furniture pieces I restored for a friend In Cherry ,really like the Chair and stool ,75 lbs heavy , never got to totally finish but that’s what happens with friends !
  4. E

Musical Instrument Builder

I have a small area behind my open carport that houses my laundry machine (attached to house but no heat or ac), roughly 4x12, probably try to set this space up to glue up and spray finish ! My other space is a 8x10 shed out back (no power )which I have been setting up over this break. I am a...
  5. E

Greg, thanks for the tip on proper Kiln dried wood to start with. I have been getting my small shop together and working out how to maintain a proper shop environment for doing finer work. Probably a window AC and fans lol !
  6. E

Welcome , I am new here myself , interested in building instruments too . My working space is small but I have been ramping up fine during this time ! Going to build a Ukulele as my first project . I am not too far from you in Durham .
  7. E

Hello from Durham

Thanks Roy for the encouragement on working in my Carport , its my largest space. Any larger machines I acquire ( need a few ) will have to be kept in the carport , probably covered with some rust inhibitor on the metal . Let the petty thief’s try to walk away with some heavy iron !
  8. E

Hello from Durham

My Windsor
  9. E

Hello from Durham

Thanks Scott
  10. E

Hello from Durham

Thanks a lot going on !
  11. E

Hello from Durham

Thanks
  12. E

Hello from Durham

My name is Eric and I have been into woodworking a while , some formal Woodworking training 20 years ago in a 2 year program. I continued with construction jobs for a while but got my best woodworking experience working for a cabinet shop in Raleigh for a year. I changed jobs in 2003 and got...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors