Search results

1. D

Grizzly Deluxe 8" Jointer G0586 - $400 (Garner) GONE

8 Inch Jointer. That looks like a good price.
  2. D

3M Xtract Cubitron II Net Disc, 5 in, Pack of 50, $18.97 (Amazon Prime Day sale) ENDED

great deal. thanks for posting. These things are game changers for sanding
  3. D

Dewalt 735 Planer Knives and Original Cutter Head - $50

I recently replaced my cutterhead with a Lux Cut Spiral Cutterhead and have the following for sale - Set of 3 brand new Dewalt OEM Planer Knives for the Dewalt 735 Planer in package - Set of 3 Used OEM Planer Knives (Maybe 250 Board Ft sent through them). These came on the planer. - 1 original...
  4. D

Shelix Order from Byrd - 7 months and waiting

I ordered a Lux for my DW735 and Delta Jointer (This was late August 2021), both came in within 1 week. Not sure if Lux are really still backordered. They showed they were in stock on mywoodcutters, so I ordered, and arrived quickly. Now to get my jointer aligned properly after the install...
  5. D

DW 735 Planer Dust Port to Shop vac adapter (is there one)

I used the PVC Pipe to a Dust Right Dust Collection Bag method. Makes it easy to empty as well. I had it connected to shop vac originally, but it filled it up so quickly, it made sense to break it out to its own bag. Blower is more than strong enough to get chips into bag.
  6. D

Dust Removal

I thought I was the the only one who did this. Ryobi 40v blower, with mask on and air filtration system enabled. The tips on letting the dust settle and try again for a total of 2-3 rounds is key. The dust flies everywhere and will re-settle, but eventually you will get it all. Much faster...
  7. D

My New DeWalt 735x Planer Arrived !

I used some rope with donut magnets to hold the rear outfeed table up. Pretty easy to do. 4 inch PVC fits well over the dust port, so easy to feed it into a dust collector bag (if you dont have dust collection), or directly into your dust collection. It will fill a shop vac up quickly and...
  8. D

FS: Delta Contractor Table Saw - sold

Where is the saw located ?
  9. D

I'm Going To Need Some Sunglasses

I installed all 10 of them in a 1 car garage. Its very bright, but made a world of difference. I daisy chained 5 into a single plug and 5 into the other plug on the same outlet. Made it easy to not run new outlets all over the ceiling.
  10. D

I'm Going To Need Some Sunglasses

Try these out. Insanely bright. and easy to install and run anywhere you need. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q49DNGS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  11. D

12” Sliding Miter Saw Blade Recommendation

Tell me more about 10% off for NCWW members? Does this apply to the whole store ? Any more info would be nice
  12. D

SawStop Contractor Saw (CNS) 52" - $1600 - Durham

Not mine, no affiliation. Seems like a good deal. Debating it myself, but not in the budget at the moment. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2972343299501089
  13. D

Input on pipe clamps

I have the last Bessey you linked to in 1/2 inch. Love them, will eventually go to 3/4 inch, as I have bent some of the 1/2 when really cranking them down. They stand up nice and you can crank them down as tight as you can imagine. I use the silver pipe, not the black pipe, and i get no...
  14. D

Direct Tools (Smithfield and Mebane) Outlet Sales

The Mebane store was in the old Pyrex/Tupperware store, at the very back of the outlets. According to the official map online, it doesn't appear to be there anymore. But it was there Fall of 2019 for sure. It was where the Lane Bryant Outlet is on the online map...
  15. D

Direct Tools (Smithfield and Mebane) Outlet Sales

Mebane store re opened. It was open as of last November. I picked up some ryobi cordless 18 ga nail guns for $65 last fall.
  16. D

NCWW could use a stimulus

I bought $25 worth of raffle tickets, gotta support a great site
  17. D

Learning Woodworker in Raleigh

Thanks to everyone for such a warm welcome. If y’all get PMs from me a couple months or what’s down the road to hang and talk shop, don’t think it’s weird.
  18. D

You too, make alot of sawdust, but keep the shop clean too
  19. D

I 100% agree with this statement, thats why its number 1 on the list. Hard to do anything in the shop now without flipping a breaker. I plan for 2-3 220 receptacles and at least 2-3 110 20 amp circuits. Whoever decided 1 outlet in a garage bay shared with the entire basement did not think...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors