Search results

1. S

Considering a Festool ETS 150/5 EQ-Plus 6" Random Orbit sander. Who's got one?

I wouldn't spend the money on the festool sander and not the festool vac. I used to have one of these sanders but didn't like it and sold it. If you're doing a lot of cutting boards, I'd recommend a belt sander, if you don't have one.
  2. S

Local (triangle) source for dimensional lumber.

I think I'd probably still prefer to spend my money around here. Keep that carbon footprint low.
  3. S

Local (triangle) source for dimensional lumber.

Building a shed. Would like to get my framing material locally, if possible. Rough sawn is fine. If I'm going to pay a fortune for a 2x6, it might as well go to someone around here.
  4. S

Blast from the Past Saw Blade

I actually don't under this blade? I cut radii and hog out wood with a regular blade. What was the advertised use?
  5. S

Suggestions on a sharpener that does steel blades.

I've got a couple dozen old steel table saw blades. Looking for a suggestion on a sharpener that still does these and would be willing to tell me which aren't worth doing. Does the sharpener that the hardwood store uses do steel blades?
  6. S

Bar Clamps

I found them kind of unruly. I didn't like the way the clutch worked, I felt like I was always pushing the handle the wrong way. If the jaws aren't perfectly parallel, the clamp will slip. I also liked having just a few clamps and a lot of pipes. And that pipe is usually free for me. I used...
  7. S

What is the best Lithium-ion hand tool brand?

The big drawback to the dewalt tools is the batteries, imo. They're kind of cheapy. The chargers are cheapy. The charging time is soooooo long. Dewalt is black and decker and honestly it shows. I like that the makita batteries use air passed through the battery to speed up charging. Festool...
  8. S

Bar Clamps

I tried the bessey's and went back to pipe clamps.
  9. S

What is the best Lithium-ion hand tool brand?

I have have Makita. They've held up well on job sites for 5+ years. I buy everything used and still have the first 18v makita tool I bought (10 years old now). My boss uses dewalt. I find them serviceable, but unrefined. Word of warning on the large kits (others may have mentioned this)...
  10. S

Bar Clamps

It may be old stock, but even if it's old stock it's probably not US made. Last time I looked, grizzly was showing pictures of the old jorgensen clamps and shipping out the new and improved chinese pony clamps. The bar clamps are showing as unavailable/discontinued through most online retailers...
  11. S

Bar Clamps

I believe those jorgensen's are now NLA.
  12. S

How do I make this large profile?

The one at lowes is probably bent pvc. You can heat and bend pvc moldings. There also the bendable foam core moldings. Heating pvc is gross to me and the foam core moldings don't last. I think both are kind of brittle for a corner. Another option is to have it milled from some kind of very...
  13. S

Sad state of affairs for SYP

More fires.
  14. S

And fires out west, I would think.
  15. S

I need a few parts made from aluminum and brass.

I thought that was the idea. One soft part, one hard. The worm is steel. All worm and wheels I've seen have had one brass part and one steel part. Maybe that's because they've all been in oil baths.
  16. S

This is what I'm doing right now. I have one good trunnion. Found a nice big crack in the rear one. At least that's the easier one to get. There is not much supply of undamaged trunnions. The fact that these are as good as they are I think is just luck. I'm certain I will damage them in the...
  17. S

Bribes are probably involved
  18. S

What is pcs? I don't run riving knives. Can't plunge cut.
  19. S

This is the new saw! Why would brass or aluminum be a bad choice? The original part is like Zinc and lead. Definitely some lead in here. This thing is way heavier than the same part would be in cast aluminum.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS