Search results

1. S

Modern Lounge Chair

@gamiller3rd - I can appreciate that sentiment. I’m learning more about the importance of subtle angles and dimensions in chair making that tend to be less important in other furniture making.
  2. S

Modern Lounge Chair

@Henry W - the domino figured heavily into the build for me. One variation I made from the original plans was to lap the legs and chair sides instead of using dominos. I added small dowels for design more than strength, as there’s a whole lot of face grain contact there. As @Jeff mentioned...
  3. S

Modern Lounge Chair

A few more shots of the finished peice. Apologies for formatting, I’m on mobile and I’m new here!
  4. S

Modern Lounge Chair

This was a wedding gift for a friend of mine. Based of the Shaun Boyd “Glenn” design. Walnut and elbow grease. Finished with Rubio monocoat.
  5. S

"Refinish" for Outside Table

My 2 cents - any wood outdoors will weather. UV is unstoppable. Many options for finishes, but they will all have to be redone at some interval (usually 1-2 years). As an option, have you considered leaving them as is? “Outdoor” woods (teak, ipe, cedar, cypress, etc) are going to last a very...
  6. S

From Colorado to Asheville

@Jeff - I was in the Army for a number of years, and then medical school. I moved to Asheville to train and work as a physician. Chose the location for many, many reasons (and there are quite a few other locations in NC we were considering as well). Not new to woodworking (though I proudly...
  7. S

Thanks for the welcome. The Rockies are beautiful, but not as accessible as the Appalachians. And because those are the ones I grew up spending summers exploring, they’ll always feel familiar to me. Look forward to checking out the WNCWA meetings!
  8. S

Grew up in Atlanta, then college in NC. After almost a decade in Colorado, I’m moving to Asheville in a few weeks. I’m a hobby furniture maker, and hope to get my shop up and running by the end of the year. Graham
  9. S

Who I am.

Coincidental user name! I’m actually moving TO Asheville in a few weeks (coming from Colorado). Went to college in Durham, and love the triangle area - agree with you about the intense summer heat...
  10. S

Filling large knot holes and voids

For big voids, I like to use Rangate Knot Filler. It’s just so much quicker than epoxy. Quite a few color options to choose from - I stocked up on black. The product looks like a beefy hot glue stick (I use a cheap full sized hot glue gun instead of the gun they sell). Shoot it into the void...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS