Search results

1. KC7CN

4-3/8" Craftsman Jointer Restoration & Shop-Made Cabinet

I found this nice old 4-3/8" Craftsman Jointer, Model Number 103.23340 on craigslist. It was in very good condition, so there wasn't a lot to do to make it look and run like new again. The original finish was faded! I was unable to find a matching color, so I used some Internet tools to create...
  2. KC7CN

Photo Albums -

Hello All, it's been a long time since I have posted. I've completed a few projects lately, and attempted to create a new photo album in order to share my project. Problem is, a lot has changed with the user interface - I'm totally lost! The old interface was a challenge, but I managed to...
  3. KC7CN

Magnetic Light Mount for Grizzly G0555LX

Hello guys & gals, it's been a long time since I posted anything, but I'm still here. The latest project was this shop-made mount for my Delta Magnetic Base Light. This is one of those annoying problems that simply needed to be solved. The light magnet is strong enough to hold the light, but...
  4. KC7CN

Router Collet Problem

Hello everyone. I know it's been a long time since I posted anything, but I need your help to solve a mystery. My objective was to cut a 1/2" deep slot,10" in length; to hog out material prior to using a 'T' slot cutter. The depth of cut was set at 1/8" for the first pass! The problem is, the...
  5. KC7CN

The Deltona Workbench

Hello everyone! It's been over a year and a half since I've posted anything on the forum - biggest reason is that we moved from the Oregon to Deltona, Florida last year - much closer to North Carolina! First order of business was to setup my workshop in our small 2-car garage. Part of this...
  6. KC7CN

My Profile - city and state location

It's been a long time, but I remember having this problem a couple of times before! If memory serves me right, profile 'location' is an administrative change. Truth be know, we probably move to much! This time, we moved much closer to North Carolina. We know live in Lake Mary, Florida, 32746...
  7. KC7CN

Phil Thien Dust Separator integrated into a 16 Gallon Shop-Vac.

Hello Everyone! On the surface, the title of this post doesn't appear be about woodworking, but trust me - this project was all about woodworking, and stopping to make some jigs along the way. Just so you will know, I posted this on Phil Thien's forum and that other form, but I wanted to be...
  8. KC7CN

Jet JWBS-16 with HTC 2000 Universal Mobile Base

This post is in response to a Facebook message from a fellow woodworker about the mobile base on my Jet JBS-16 band saw. He was referring to an old post about my solution to a clearance problem with a universal base. http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=35402&p=341563#post341563...
  9. KC7CN

ShopNotes plunge router Mortising Jig w/micor adjust table

This is my version of the ShopNotes plunge router Mortising Jig. I was intrigued with the basic design but thought it would be much nicer with a micro-adjust table for precise setup. Credit for this idea goes to Pat Warner and his renowned router table micro-adjust fence. This project was...
  10. KC7CN

X-Y Drill Press table - shopmade.

It's been a while since I've posted anything! After many years of use, it was time to refurbish my x-y drill press table. Over the years I've been tempted to upgrade to the more traditional tables made with aluminum tracks and commercial, hold-downs, but I didn't want to give up the table's...
  11. KC7CN

New Shop Cabinets

It's time to share - just completed the upper cabinets for my shop! The boxes are made with medium grade Maple veneer plywood, doors are Cherry rail & stile with flat panel Birch veneer plywood. Top molding was purchased from Home Depot. The finish is Minwax Red Mahogany 225 over 50/50...
  12. KC7CN

Shop cabinet finish - question

The upper shop cabinets are ready for finish! A mixture of wood species - maple plywood, cherry rail & Stiles with flat panel birch plywood doors. I have pre-finished the insides Minwax Golden Oak. Now I'm thinking it would be a better match for the house to finish the exterior to match the...
  13. KC7CN

Flat panel rail & stile cabinet door question

Hello everyone! I'm in the process of building some shop cabinets with flat panel doors! They are made using Freud raised panel router bit set to cut the rails and stiles. The grove for 1/4'' plywood panel is 3/4+ depth. I know there needs to be a gap between the floating panel and the door...
  14. KC7CN

Share your knowledge - Minwax Polycrylic

I know it's been a while since I've posted anything - thought I'd better get back to working in the shop. I am building cabinets for the shop, and have decided this would be a good time to try a quick-drying odorless finish. This thought occurred when LOML complained about the smell from the...
  15. KC7CN

Advanced Box Joint Jig - new to me!

It's been a long time since I have posted anything - please accept my apology if this has already been posted. I like box/finger joints and have always been fascinated by the variety of jigs to make them! I recently ran across this Advanced Box Joint Jig while searching Google, and noticed a...
  16. KC7CN

3 Piece 2'' x 6'' Diamond Hone Blocks

Happy New Year everyone! I spotted this set of Diamond Hone Blocks in the local HF store and wondered if anyone has used this product or one like it. Would this be suitable for a plane blade! 3 Piece 2'' x 6'' Diamond Hone Blocks An alternative (on line) is a four sided block version: 4-Sided...
  17. KC7CN

Harbor Freight Gem - 2HP Dust Collector

The Harbor Freight coupon page in this months issue of WOOD magazine (Issue 202 Dec/Jan 2010/2011) has the 2HP Industrial 5 Micron Dust Collector for $139.99. :tool: I think that qualifies for a good deal - I paid $149.99 in the spring of 2006 for the 30 micron bag version, and thought that was...
  18. KC7CN

Shop-made Drill Press Mobile Base

Thought you might be interested to see the shop-made mobile base I just completed. The reason you might want to build your own as opposed to buying one is that you enjoy the challenge and simply like projects of this type. Not to mention, the cost of materials on this base is appealing. The...
  19. KC7CN

Craftsman Hammrhead Auto Hammer

I've heard of this type of tool, but never used one. I noticed Sears has this one, sure looks like it would be handy for some projects! But then again, I'm a guy that likes a good :tool:! Craftsman NEXTEC 12 Volt Lithiu-Ion Hammrhead Auto Hammer Follow this link and select the Gallery...
  20. KC7CN

A Nightstand from Leftovers

This was one of those times when I needed a project! We needed a small nightstand and I had some leftover materials from the last project, and some Alder hardwood acquired from a friend. I found a nice looking End Table plan that was part of an Entertainment Center featured in WOOD magazine...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS