Search results

1. KC7CN

Is a Craftsman 4in Jointer worth much of anything?

Hopefully, this photo of the one I restored may inspire you. I found the jointer on craigs list. Designed the cabinet and repurposed a 1HP Delta tables saw motor. Found new blades on Amazon. Yes, it's a lot of work, but this old girl really works good! Link to Google Album 4-3/8"...
  2. KC7CN

Photo Albums -

Thanks for all the replies. I was able to create an album, however the problem was working with it to sort the photos, and choose the album cover photo. So, for the time being, I am using my Google Album, and just added a post in General Woodworking about my latest project. Thank you...
  3. KC7CN

4-3/8" Craftsman Jointer Restoration & Shop-Made Cabinet

I found this nice old 4-3/8" Craftsman Jointer, Model Number 103.23340 on craigslist. It was in very good condition, so there wasn't a lot to do to make it look and run like new again. The original finish was faded! I was unable to find a matching color, so I used some Internet tools to create...
  4. KC7CN

Photo Albums -

Hello All, it's been a long time since I have posted. I've completed a few projects lately, and attempted to create a new photo album in order to share my project. Problem is, a lot has changed with the user interface - I'm totally lost! The old interface was a challenge, but I managed to...
  5. KC7CN

Magnetic Light Mount for Grizzly G0555LX

Hello guys & gals, it's been a long time since I posted anything, but I'm still here. The latest project was this shop-made mount for my Delta Magnetic Base Light. This is one of those annoying problems that simply needed to be solved. The light magnet is strong enough to hold the light, but...
  6. Magnetic Light Mount - Drawing

Magnetic Light Mount - Drawing

Note: It was necessary to drill a small clearance hole for the head of one of the sheet-metal screws ( the dashed half-circle).
  7. Magnetic Light Mount - Back View

Magnetic Light Mount - Back View

8. Magnetic Light Mount

Magnetic Light Mount

Slide a sheet of drawing paper into the area of the band saw where the light base will be located, use a pencil to create a 1:1 drawing of the mounting block. Note: increasing the thickness to 1'' should eliminate the need for the small stop block.
  9. Magnetic Light Mount

Magnetic Light Mount

10. Magnetic Light Mount - Back View

Magnetic Light Mount - Back View

I removed the thin foil back from the base in order to see how the magnet was mounted. An 'L' bracket is fabricated from a metal corner brace (found in most big box or hardware stores). Small sheet-metal screws are used to secure the bracket to the light base, and the mount. Note: It is not...
  11. Magnetic Light Mount

Magnetic Light Mount

The mounting block secures the lamp and prevents it from rotating, and sliding down.
  12. Magnetic Light Mount

Magnetic Light Mount

I used 3/4'' Oak for the mounting block - which was not thick enough to prevent the block from sliding under the band saw frame. The solution was to add the small piece of stock near bottom of the mount... Note: Increasing the thickness to 1'' would simplify the mount.
  13. Back View

Back View

5/8'' x 1-14'' x 5/16'' slot for steel corner bracket.
  14. Magnetic Light Mount

Magnetic Light Mount

The shop-made mount consists of a block of wood fitted around the base of the lamp. I used 3/4'' Oak! The Mount is attached to the light base with a small 'L' bracket.
  15. Magnetic Light Mount

Magnetic Light Mount

The magnet light is mounted in this location.
  16. Grizzly G0555LX Mag Light Mount

Grizzly G0555LX Mag Light Mount

Shop-made mount for Delta Magnetic Base Light
  17. Magnetic Base Light Mount

Magnetic Base Light Mount

Shop-made mount for a Delta Magnetic Base Light. The magnetic base is strong enough to hold the light, but not enough to prevent the light from rotating out of position, and sliding down the sides down the side wall.
  18. KC7CN

Router Collet Problem

I replaced the entire collet! Cleaned out the top of the router! Thanks for the note about replacing the part on the router. The new colleet has solved the problem! Thanks again!
  19. KC7CN

Router Collet Problem

Joe, this is good to know! Today's project was remaking the piece I ruined with the old collett! I used the new collet and a different router bit (1/4") - no problems were encountered! At this point, I'm convinced the problem was caused by the collet! Down the road I will make a test cut...
  20. KC7CN

Router Collet Problem

73's

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS