Search results

1. L

Tree removal

I have a Pecan tree that is probably going to have to come down. It's pretty large, too close to the house and while it's healthy it's shading my garden space too much. So I need either heavy pruning or removal. It seems to be mostly large branches with a short main trunk. I could probably get...
  2. L

Osborne EB-3 Miter Gauge

Rocker has this on sale for $120 and free shipping but before I get one, does anyone here have one they want to unload. For a fair price of course.
  3. L

Marking Gauge

I'm usually satisfied with the the results I get marking with a sharp pencil (Erasable!). However, I'm going to be making a lot of loose tenon joints and I need to be able to fairly accurately and repeatably find the centers for those joints and I'd like to be able to do it without a lot of...
  4. L

Circular Saw Dust Collection

I use a circular saw in the shop to break down and if possible make finish cuts to sheet goods. For me it's easier to take the tool to the work when working with large panels. I can get good accurate cuts with minimal tear-out but even though my saw has a dust port I still get sawdust everywhere...
  5. L

Tenoning jig?

Hi, new guy here. There are so many simple and cheap ways to cut tenons without a tenoning jig I'm wondering whether I need or want one. I'm about to start on a couple contemporary arts and crafts style easy chairs, think updated Stickley/Morris. Lots of tenons and I wouldn't mind making the job...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors