1. Bowl box

Bowl box

2. Toy Box

Toy Box

3. Laminated Pepper Mills

Laminated Pepper Mills

4. Makinsawdust

which poly for 1/3 poly, 1/3 BLO, 1/3 mineral spirits

I like Helmsman spar. One third spar, two thirds BLO.
  5. Makinsawdust

Best place & price for 131& 1/2" bandsaw blades

+1 on woodcraftbands.com Yes they are old school. They keep your info on index cards in a card file but they give old time CS.
  6. Makinsawdust

Hillsville Super-Flea

I was there on Saturday. The area along the creek across from the VFW was the worse I've ever seen for tools. The best old tools seemed to be in the VFW lot. There were several tool only vendors and their prices were pretty good. I got some good deals. Last time I was there I looked for a...
  7. Makinsawdust

Madagascar ebony

Here's the latest press conference by the Gibson Guitar, CEO after the August 24, 2011 raid. This one has to do with Indian Rosewood and Ebony. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_-taqM5Sk0&feature=player_embedded
  8. Makinsawdust

Pleasure to Profit...

Shawn, For the most part doing ww'ing is fun but it is extremely difficult to make much money doing it. It is a good side job for tool money. I've been doing it part-time, and then full-time when I lost my job in late 2004. I'm fortunate that my wife has a good job. I'd be on the street...
  9. Makinsawdust

Writing desk wood?

I clicked on this and was going to invoke Justin Wilson's "what kinda wine/wood u got" but Bryan S. already beat me to it. I hate when that happens! Any good hardwood would do you well. The softer woods like poplar and yellow pine would probably be pure aggravation but white oak, red oak...
  10. Makinsawdust

Recommend Mid priced Cordless Drill

Put me in the Makita 18v Lithium ion camp as well. I've got several other cordless and I reach for the new white Makita everytime. This Makita 18v is my favorite due to weight, balance, power, compactness, and head to handle angle. This one just fits my hand better than any other drill I've...
  11. Makinsawdust

What's the secret to cutting beads?

I make beads all the time with a skew. I just have never made one as symmetrical as you can get with the beading tool. That's the only reason to own a beading tool.
  12. Makinsawdust

Best Blade For....

About anything with a high tooth count should give satisfactory results. 60-80T for a 10" blade and 72-96T on 12" blade. -5 degree hook angle is probably best from a kickback stand point.
  13. Makinsawdust

Maple

Bugs for sure.
  14. Makinsawdust

What's the secret to cutting beads?

Scott, I've got the Sorby version of that tool and I too have gotten pretty much the same result. To improve the result remove most of the material with a skew. Basically, rough the bead with a skew and then finish it with the beading tool. Rob
  15. Makinsawdust

Method To Hold Flute on Tailstock End

I was thinking more of using the reversed one. I don't how big the flutes are. The diameter may not be large enough to use the reverse one.
  16. Makinsawdust

Method To Hold Flute on Tailstock End

Wouldn't a cone center work? Because of it's shape it would hold the flute centered and not leave any damage. Here's a review of the Oneway cone system by NC WW'er Tom Hintz. Maybe it will give you some ideas.
  17. Makinsawdust

Raleigh or Charlotte for a shop?

I would think that the advice regarding Thomasville area is spot on. Lots of people that use to work in furniture there. The same suppliers pretty much run up and down the I85 corridor and you can't beat the logistics of having NS and EW interstates. Trucking terminals all up and down I85 and...
  18. Makinsawdust

just joined

Welcome Tim and Don
  19. Makinsawdust

I Need CNC/CR work done

Does anyone in the Charlotte area have a small CNC or Carvewright machine. I need to hire someone to do some relief carved 2" numbers in western red cedar. I'm still in the process of getting all the details of the job but with what I know at the moment it would be (6) boards with 3-5 numbers...
  20. Makinsawdust

Need TS info

Delta Unisaw 36-L31X LT 5.515in and 9.9375in Rockwell Unisaw 34-804 RT 4.146in* and 9.8125in * Arbor and bearings have been replaced so this probably varies from the original distance.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS