Search results

1. T

Gas springs or option

I gather you are hinging on the narrow side/end and need to lift the significant off set weight. Could you slightly reconfigure and hinge on the long side of the hatch? You would end up with a single gas shock, but the much shorter distance to center mass might more than make up for that...
  2. T

Granite surface block - Free

Kirk Another member PM'd me to take the stone. I'll be taking it to the picnic in May. Thanks for your interest.
  3. T

Granite surface block - Free

I use self adhesive sand paper for sharpening tools. I adhere the strips to granite counter top piece assuming these are about as flat as float glass. I’m upgrading from three grits to four. If anyone wants a 9”x13” piece of granite I can bring to the picnic. It’s not special unless you...
  4. T

Not fine woodworking

Not fine woodworking but I hope my granddaughter likes the idea as well as her parents. It’s called a Pickler Triangle and is intended for a very young child to climb on and explore but not tall enough to get badly hurt in the inevitable falls. Don’t know how I grew to increpitude without...
  5. T

What’s that crazy thing ??

Nice elk. Envious of that. Not allowed to decorate the house with animal parts - relegated to the shop attic
  6. T

Drill and Driver Poll

I’ve had and used for a few years 24v Kobalt. They were relatively inexpensive and have lasted very well. Extra batteries were also pretty inexpensive.
  7. T

Dust collection

Scott The thought of the chips being carried over in the gullets is new to me. Not sure why they would choose to spray back on my shirt rather than up, or carry back down into the cabinet. I pull the under cabinet sawdust out with a 4” collection hose and a little sheet metal duct inside to...
  8. T

RDU Lunch Friday Feb 16

Ted plans to be there
  9. T

Dovetail Jig?

Below is a jig that came with a lot of tools I purchased a while back. It looks like a dovetail jig but the slots look too narrow for a guide bushing. Anyway, I’m thinking it is excess to me. If anyone can identify and wants it, it’s available to a new home. Located near Fuquay Varina, NC
  10. T

Quincy Air Compressor free to a new home

Gene Sent you a note.
  11. T

I can store the pump for a while if someone is interested but the rest of the assembly is a little bulky for long term storage
  12. T

Gene. The complete AC setup was one t cobbled together 30 years ago. It consisted of the Quincy pump, a 5 hp single phase motor, all mounted on twin 100# propane tanks for the air storage. The motor is on the new to me compressor. The rest of the assembly is available for the same (free)...
  13. T

After an extended period of poor storage, I fired up my 5 hp Quincy air compressor to discover significant blow by. I have since run across a good deal on a different 5 hp pump and transferred the motor to it (was three phase). If anyone is interested in rebuilding this pump, I would be happy...
  14. T

Basswood

Random width +/- 8”. Moisture not known but was in a barn up North. I can imagine uses for a few boards as mentioned but assuming most are by and large Craigslist items
  15. T

Basswood

Air dried for 25 years rough sawn and would finish to 7/8” or 3/4”
  16. T

Basswood

What would you use basswood for? I don’t carve. I imagine it could be used for the back and/or dust panels in dressers or other places where a filler is needed. I have access to a couple hundred bdf but don’t know that it’s worth hauling home. Thoughts?
  17. T

Structural Engineer

As an ex mechanical engineer, I used steel beams in a house I designed and had built. The biggest negative I got from the builders was how to attach joists to the beam (it was in a cathedral roof/ceiling). That was solved by sistering dimensional lumber inside the webs to attach hangers for...
  18. T

HEATER FOUND WTB: Cutler Hammer Switch Heater

Try a search on EBay. That’s where I bought an older AB heater. I see several CH H21 heaters of a couple different types.
  19. T

Japanese saws, etc

My neighbor brought these over from an in-law who can no longer use them. He said “no charge” but if they actually are good tools, that wouldn’t be right. I know next to nothing about Japanese saws or their look alikes. Virtually all say made in Japan. Most look in pretty good shape. A few...
  20. T

RDU Lunch Friday Dec 15 Please RSVP

Ted plans to be there

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors