Search results

1. ralitaco

Brunswick County get together.

Just curious if there are any members in Brunswick County that would like to do a meet and greet. If there is interest I would be glad to try to pull something together.
  2. ralitaco

Weeklong class

Just curious if anyone knows of any weeklong beginner to intermediate woodworking classes? I can’t commit to a few hours at night every week for several weeks so I would like to take a week of PTO from work to attend. Thanks in advance.
  3. ralitaco

Book "case" for Book Series - aka box set sans the box

As you can see from the title, I don't even know what I am trying to design - LOL My daughter is buying the Illustrated Harry Potter books for her children. I think there will be 7 books in total but that is in question because the man doing the illustrations is retiring. Anyway, I am planning...
  4. ralitaco

Craftsman/Belsaw planer - $375

It is with much sadness, that I am parting with my Craftsman/Belsaw planer. It runs on 220V which my garage does not have. I am looking to sell it to someone here for $375 or possibly trade it for a lunchbox planer. If I get no takers here, I will list it on FB marketplace for $450. I did...
  5. ralitaco

Which hardwood for first priject

So all of the wood I used has been framing lumber from the box stores. I would like to expand my horizons and make a project out of a better wood. So what is a good hardwood for a first project.
  6. ralitaco

This End Up furniture - Southern Yellow Pine

I have an old This End Up twin bed headboard and footboard. I have no use for that bed so I am thinking about repurposing it. According the the www, TEU uses primarily Southern Yellow Pine for their furniture. I can disassemble the bed and have several boards. So I am wondering if anyone has...
  7. ralitaco

Fix for a Sagging Bottom

This has nothing to do with @Mike Davis workout project - LOL I have an IKEA chest of drawers that we have used to store DVD's and CD's. It was not its intended use but over time that is what it became. So much to nobody's surprise, the bottom of the drawers have started sagging. The drawer is...
  8. ralitaco

Foley Belsaw 12" Planer-Molder - $650 NOW $550 (jacksonville)

With all the positive input on the other Craftsman (Belsaw) planer, I was looking on CL and found this one. It is out of my price range, but maybe will fill the bill for someone else. Foley Belsaw 12" Planer-Molder
  9. ralitaco

SOLD: Work Sharp WS3000 Tool Sharpener - NEW - NEVER USED

All, In last year's raffle, I was lucky enough to win the Work Sharp WS3000 Tool Sharpener. I had all intentions of actually using it but considering it has sat in the box since I won it, I realized I will not be using it anytime soon. So I have decided to put it up for sale and use the proceeds...
  10. ralitaco

Shop Insulation

So I am considering insulating my shop. It is one of those prefab 10x20 buildings, and there is currently no insulation. I have 2 Oil Radiator heaters (not sure if that is there official name) for heat in the winter and a small window AC unit for the summer. The heaters do a very good job...
  11. ralitaco

Desk Cable Management Box

NCWW Braintrust, I have a project that I want to make but I need some help. As you can see from the pictures, I need some cable management on my desk. My desk is not the fanciest or the best but I would like this box to look nice and come close to matching the desk. Here is what I need help...
  12. ralitaco

Table saw binding

Disclaimer: I am new to table saws. I have the Ridgid R4518T table saw. I followed the instructions on how to square up the blade and the riving knife, but when I lock the fence in place the boards seem to bind at the the riving knife. I measured and it is the same distance at the front of the...
  13. ralitaco

Which T Channel

As you know, I recently finished my workbenches, and now I want to add a T-channel on one section so that I can mount some stop blocks for my miter saw. Unfortunately, I have never used them so I don't know anything about them. The questions I have are which ones? What size? Do they come in...
  14. ralitaco

How to secure Miter Saw and Filler insert on workbench

So I almost done with my rolling workbench using the design by Gadgets and Grains. While the miter saw will sit on the bench most of the time, I am sure there will be occasions where I will want/need to remove the saw and insert the filler that will give me a flat surface. So my question is: How...
  15. ralitaco

Rolling Workbench - yes or no?

So I am looking to build a workbench but it will be absolutely nowhere near as nice as @Mark Johnson's. (https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?threads/building-a-workbench.72786/) I have a small shop - 10x20, so I am thinking I would like to build 2 narrow benches that could be pulled...
  16. ralitaco

New 10x20 Shed/Shop

One too many rainy days plus a "few" thin/bare spots on the tent roof and I decided it was time to invest in a more durable/permanent workshop. I found a repo'd 10x20 A-frame shed with a 6' door on one end. There is a small window on the other end, but I would like to add a second 6' door to...
  17. ralitaco

Learning about Finishes

So I have never applied any finishes other than paint and have been trying to learn about stains and such for my shelving. I read several blog posts, including the one here: "Wood Finishes Explained" along with watching lots of videos. I read about using 1# cut shellac as a base coat on pine to...
  18. ralitaco

Router baseplate and bushing set

Not sure if this is the right part of the forum, so please forgive me if I posted in the wrong place. Please keep in mind that I am fairly new to woodworking although I have done a fair bit of construction. So while this may be simple and basic to you, it is new to me. I am looking at getting...
  19. ralitaco

2x4 Office Shelving

All I am looking to build some 2x4 shelving in my bedroom turned office. I need to store some books, totes and tools, etc. Not all will be the same size as I have to go around a storage cabinet. I may stain them or paint them, have not decided yet. My designer, aka my daughter, wants me to go...
  20. ralitaco

Custom NC Cut out

My daughter is getting married and she would like to have her guests sign a wood NC cutout. So I am looking for someone that could make one for me but also engrave/etch some items on the cutout. As for that part I am not 100% sure what we would like on there. If you do this kind of work, please...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS