Search results

1. ralitaco

Brunswick County get together.

Just curious if there are any members in Brunswick County that would like to do a meet and greet. If there is interest I would be glad to try to pull something together.
  2. ralitaco

Weeklong class

Just curious if anyone knows of any weeklong beginner to intermediate woodworking classes? I can’t commit to a few hours at night every week for several weeks so I would like to take a week of PTO from work to attend. Thanks in advance.
  3. ralitaco

For Sale: Delta 1 1/2HP dust collector with Wynn Filter $250 Cary SOLD

Mark and Richard, thank you both. Sounds like using both of them are useful/needed in the shop.
  4. ralitaco

New to the NC Woodworkers forum and site from Western NC

Welcome Cub Scout!
  5. ralitaco

Router Jig Locator

Bill, I really like that idea. My bench is designed such that it is a challenge to clamp things to it. I may drill some holes and make a few jigs like that. Oh and a piece of scrap plywood on some sawhorses is a real woodworking bench - shoot some folks have to use the dirt floor for their...
  6. ralitaco

For Sale: Delta 1 1/2HP dust collector with Wynn Filter $250 Cary SOLD

So this is probably a stupid question but what is the main purpose of this type of vac? Is it to connect to equipment to pull in the saw dust? I am asking because I have seen a few members posting pictures on FaceBook of their box fans with air filters surrounding them. I am trying to...
  7. ralitaco

New guy on the block moved from Houston, TX

Welcome to the group
  8. ralitaco

New Sandhills Woodworker

Welcome to a great forum.
  9. ralitaco

Excited to learn

Welcome. This is a great group and always helpful
  10. ralitaco

Book "case" for Book Series - aka box set sans the box

As you can see from the title, I don't even know what I am trying to design - LOL My daughter is buying the Illustrated Harry Potter books for her children. I think there will be 7 books in total but that is in question because the man doing the illustrations is retiring. Anyway, I am planning...
  11. ralitaco

Goodwill Lathe

I am going to have to pass this time
  12. ralitaco

2023 Raffle Ticket sales graph

Got mine today
  13. ralitaco

Craftsman/Belsaw planer - $375

I have not. I got super busy with work and haven't posted it anywhere else yet.
  14. ralitaco

Craftsman/Belsaw planer - $375

It is with much sadness, that I am parting with my Craftsman/Belsaw planer. It runs on 220V which my garage does not have. I am looking to sell it to someone here for $375 or possibly trade it for a lunchbox planer. If I get no takers here, I will list it on FB marketplace for $450. I did...
  15. ralitaco

Cleaning saw blades

So I soaked the blade in KK for a bit and the junk just started floating off Then I hit it with a brush Next I need to put it back in the miter saw and test it out.
  16. ralitaco

The NCWW Goodwill lathe is up for the next interested person

When is the next round for this awesome opportunity because I would be very interested. I saw the Wilmington wood turner club is offering a beginners class in march and this would be great to use in conjunction with that class.
  17. ralitaco

Which hardwood for first priject

WOW!!! Thank you all for the replies. I should have provided a few more bits of info. So I have no hand tools just power tools. I also do not have a jointer nor a working planer (I have that 220V Craftsman planer but my garage does not have a 220 outlet - yet) with that said I will be relying...
  18. ralitaco

Which hardwood for first priject

So all of the wood I used has been framing lumber from the box stores. I would like to expand my horizons and make a project out of a better wood. So what is a good hardwood for a first project.
  19. ralitaco

This End Up furniture - Southern Yellow Pine

Thank you both. Can SYP be stained without much problem? Also is SYP the same as framing lumber which is all I have worked with so far.
  20. ralitaco

This End Up furniture - Southern Yellow Pine

Thanks Bob. I have a desk that is too big for our house and I am planning to use it as an assembly table and or an out feed table. However I did not even think about the species of wood it is made of. How can I figure that out? I guess I need to cut it to see.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS