Search results

1. M

It didn't hold...

I think its amazing the number of times that a problem comes up, and some piece of vintage craftsman comes out of hiding to help finish the job!
  2. M

right or left hand

Lh ones seem very scarce. I have a couple that I made by buying rh ones with loose handles, and remounting them to use as a lefty!
  3. M

Green Carving from Logs

If you make the spoon/spatula thin enough, it will dry without cracking.
  4. M

Whittling/chip carving knife geometry

I've made a few, through the years from old rake teeth from hay rakes. they keep a nice edge, but more lately I bought some blades from Ron hock because its a lot quicker!
  5. M

Craftsman/Belsaw planer - $300 (Currie) GONE

Knives are readily available, and fairly economical. Invest in a good knife setting jig and you'll be all set.
  6. M

Shower in the workshop

Its not that you plan it, it just sort of creeps up on you!
  7. M

Flooring Contractors that specialize with historic flooring? (1860's) - Raleigh Area

D m flooring just refinished our upstairs rooms, and here's a picture of it. The upstairs is pine/fir, and the downstairs was oak. They all look great now!
  8. M

Flooring Contractors that specialize with historic flooring? (1860's) - Raleigh Area

Our house is 1901, and we used D M Hardwood flooring. 984-297-4707
  9. M

Corner china cabinets

Wordsmith shop had a set of plans, WS19032, and popular woodworking had some in their December 2002 issue. Mike
  10. M

I know how not to make picture frames...

I make a lot of picture frames. It got a lot easier after I made a sled for the ts to cut the miters. Then get a set of pinch clamps to help glue it all up!
  11. M

Wanting to make a salt and pepper mill

i've done a bunch of the pump-n-grind kits from woodcraft. You have to make jamb chucks to turn them,but its not bad. I put on of mine on a a spare faceplate. O have also done the large lighted electric grinder from woodcraft, but the mechanism is weak so buy two and keep a spare.
  12. M

No more woodworking for awhile..........

do you get to use the saw while he figures out a story about it??
  13. M

spool cabinet restoration

I'm trying to restore a spool cabinet for my wife to use, and I really don't know what goes in the inside of the drawers. I haven't found a picture that shows the drawer interior. she seems to think that it's a series of cove pieces that the thread spools just sit in horizontally. if anyone...
  14. M

Electrician in bullock/oxford area

Can someone refer me to an electrician, so i can get a line run to an outbuilding that will become my shop. Thanks ike
  15. M

Rough cut with Tommy mac

Is there anywhere to watch those first 8 seasons of rough cut? Amazon has the first 2 seasons, but I can't find any place to watch the others.
  16. M

Bessey 24" K Body Revo $35 at HD

i have ordered stuff from hd before and had it shipped to my local store. they are actually pretty efficient at it, so give it a try if you can.
  17. M

new member in bullock

I've been a bit slow about posting this, but....we just purchased a house in bullock, and starting the move to it, although it may take us a while. And of course, that means that the shop may be a bit behind that. Finally though, i have an outbulding, all on the ground floor, to set up as my...
  18. M

Mission Style Settle Design

the book "shop drawings for craftsman furniture" by robert lang has plans for for 2 settles in it, the stickley 207 and 216.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS