Search results

1. M

Quick release front vise

Yes, the new owner will remove the string, then it will function as designed. I was cleaning up the shop and I didn't to lose any parts. It is a home made handle.
  2. M

Quick release front vise

I am selling an "Economy Quick release front vise." I believe I purchased it from Woodcraft. WoodRiver Economy Quick Release Front Vise | Woodcraft I am selling this because I bought a pattern vise. $70, Pick up in Mountain City, TN. This vise has a quick release feature that uses a...
  3. M

Windsor chair seat blanks

I am getting ready to mill up some Eastern white pine . I was thinking of milling some 9/4 for seat blanks. Is there much demand for seat blanks? Is the preference to have rift sawn, plain sawn or quarter sawn blanks? I don't know if I will be able to get any full sized blanks in one piece...
  4. M

Rocking chair builder?

Yes, I would do it. Do they want an adult size or child size chair? Ernie Conover had a nice article in Fine Woodworking ( many years ago) building a shaker rocker. I have built one full size and 4 or 5 child sized rockers. For the child rockers, I made it 2/3 the size of full size.
  5. M

Mover Recommendations for Shop Move From Charlotte to VA

When we moved from Minnesota to Tennessee we used ABF/ U Pack. They drop off a 28 foot trailer at your house. You have three days to load it. The trailer had a nice ramp. I needed help with my heavy tools. Everything else, I loaded myself. UPack then takes the trailer to your new location. You...
  6. M

Ramp walking toys

Does anyone make ramp walking toys? If so, can you share tips, techniques and a source for patterns/plans?
  7. M

User made tools

Do you have a jig that helps with the spacing of the fret grooves?
  8. M

Looking for a plan....

I have a free library app called Libby. I was able to view the issue online. You will need a library card to use the app.
  9. M

Looking for hardware, drop front

I am looking for the hardware for a drop front panel ( see photo) to make a toolbox. What is the name for this type of hardware? Does this panel have a specific name? Thanks.
  10. M

Bandsaw goes click-click, click-click --- and dies

Once it's fixed, please let us know what was wrong.
  11. M

Bandsaw goes click-click, click-click --- and dies

Does the motor make a humming noise when you turn the switch to " on"? Or any other noises? Do you have a magnetic starter switch or does the motor have a simple toggle switch?
  12. M

The age of wastage

Our cat thinks all of those boxes from Amazon have been ordered specifically for her to play in.
  13. M

Crosscut Sled

William Ng has a nice video on making a sled.
  14. M

Looking for source

I see Hobby Lobby has 3 " metal magnets. Would those work? https://www.hobbylobby.com/Home-Decor-Frames/Mirrors-Wall-Decor/Magnets/United-States-Marine-Corps-Metal-Magnet/p/80824494?queryId=d87764db0965610d812f5b788a64bfee I don't know if they have them for other branches. When you said What...
  15. M

Do parts for Jet bandsaws fit Delta bandsaws?

A friend has a Delta bandsaw model 28-270 with broken table trunnions. E Replacement parts shows, " back order no ETA" for the trunnions and trunnion assembly. My gut feeling is, these parts will never be in stock. Has anyone ordered parts from Jet or Grizzly to repair a Delta? Or have found...
  16. M

Dovetail Saws

Thank you for posting this. I enjoyed seeing the process. Are you selling your saws?
  17. M

Maple - four straight tree sections - worthwhile?

I hired a guy with an alskan style mill to slab up some white oak ( before I had my sawmill) for me. He had a big Husqvarne with a 30 " bar. I was surprised how clean it cut. I got plenty of 2 1/2" x 24 - 28" wide x 8 foot long slabs. It's a lot of work and it is slow going. And loud.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS