Search results

1. kserdar

Dewalt 735 planer knives

Since I have a brand new set on the planer and 2 new sets in the cabinet .... Anyone have a use for dull knives? I have 2 sets (6 total) free to anyone that has a use for them.
  2. kserdar

Hitachi M12VC router

Used on my CNC machine ... It was varying speed and sounded like the bearings were going. So I did a teardown and found the "Magnet" part used by speed controller appears to be broken. Now the problem - The Magnet part spins but doesn't come off (like it is stripped). 1. It looks like it...
  3. kserdar

Best method to join to large/heavy hickory slabs?

I have to join 2 pieces of hickory ... currently each piece is 16" wide and 2" thick. I need to make one piece 30" x 30". To be used as an outdoor sign. I am not sure on the best method to keep this monster from splitting.
  4. kserdar

CO2 Laser fume extractor

Anyone have one or any experience with them? If I want to "live" demo my laser at the Klingspor Extravaganzas. I need to find one. Thanks in advance.
  5. kserdar

Laser Demo Room

I am happy to announce that my wife and I have been named one of the xTool P2 Laser Demo Rooms in USA. Link to schedule demo: Demo Room Host - Hillsborough, NC - Cheryl & Ken Serdar Link to save money: Smart Desktop Laser Cutter and Engraver | xTool Laser As we state in our intro, the P2 is...
  6. kserdar

OLD Delta Planer

Anyone have a use for anything off this pile of rust? Motor spins by hand ... but I am not going to plug it in. Any or all parts are free. You just need to pickup at my shop in Hillsborough or meet me in the Triangle during the work week. If no takers, it goes to recycle in 1-2 weeks.
  7. kserdar

Laser cutting/engraving

I am thinking about renting time on my lasers. All use will be in my shop by appointment. 100 watt 20" x 40" 45 watt 11" x 19" 40 watt 11" x 19" None of them will "cut" metal. They will etch anodized metal. Is there any interest in the wood working community for this type of rental? Reasonable...
  8. kserdar

Anyone have a use for these scraps?

I would hate to start burning these ... White Oak Maple White Ash Sapele Padauk Bloodwood (small amount) yellowheart (small amount) Purpleheart Walnut Cherry Located in Hillsborough - PM me if you have an interest. Nothing longer then 48".
  9. kserdar

Used or countertops

I am need of 2 6ft counter tops. I would prefer laminate of some type. These will be used in a shop type environment (no pounding). I do need to be able to wipe up liquid spills. I don't care color or if they don't match. Anyone know of good outlets for such?
  10. kserdar

If old cars are found in barns ...

Does that mean old wood working tools are found in chicken coops? Yes - Probably not worth restoring.
  11. kserdar

Mary May Book/Lessons - Silent auction

Retail value of the prize I won is $220. I am offering it to the person who places the highest bid. Bid will be paid in the form of a donation to NC Woodworker (to be verified). To place a bid - respond to this thread with your name/handle and bid amount. Starting value will be $10.00 Please...
  12. kserdar

Square Nails

I pulled these from a log building near me. They don't look hand forged. Anyone know how to date them?
  13. kserdar

Do I really need 3 floor standing drill presses?

For the price on this old iron (Rockwell 15-665), I just couldn't pass it up: It was already wired for 120V and in great shape. Better yet, none of the pieces are missing or broken.
  14. kserdar

Ridgid WD1245 Vac

This vac has been a workhorse for me for many years. But, right before Christmas it started smoking a little and wouldn't run for more then 10 seconds. 15 minutes of tear down and cleaning. The answer was obvious. I needed new motor brushes: >Hello Ken, > >Thank you for contacting RIDGID®...
  15. kserdar

Intro from the shop

I have been lurking in here for a couple of years. So I guess it is time to say hello. A little history: My parents were both school teachers. Thus, every summer my father did home construction and remodeling. I started working on his "crew" at about the age of 14. When I say crew - my father...
  16. kserdar

Urethane bandsaw tires

I need to replace the tires on my Jet 14" bandsaw. Any recommendations? Don't use?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS