Search results

1. pcooper

My last DeWalt Tool - ever

I have several DW tools and have no issues with any of them. Maybe I'm not as demanding on mine as some users are, and that would make a big difference on your problems with them. I found the same with mechanics tools too when I worked on cars, there are some tools that are better for a person...
  2. pcooper

Lathe Duplication

I have one of the Penn State duplicators and it's better than the others I've tried, but like some have said, they result in similar profiles and tear up the grain a lot. I've not perfected my use of it enough to be happy with it. I guess I could try again at some point, but I've not been...
  3. pcooper

Porter Cable 6902 Router

Seems lots of Triton suggestions... If I get just the motor, I've found one for a bit over $300, don't really need the rest of the kit. I've got porter cable bases that have never been out of the box, so no need to buy a whole router kit for my use. The picture I found looks like the Triton...
  4. pcooper

Porter Cable 6902 Router

Agreed to not scrap/discard the burned up unit, I still have one working that I can get parts from it for. I may have to hit pawn shops too.
  5. pcooper

Porter Cable 6902 Router

Do you happen to know if the 7519 has the same motor body size as the 690? I've not had time to research that much. The extra power would be great, and being better outfitted for inverted use is the thing I'm really needing. Seems the Porter Cables are best suited for that.
  6. pcooper

Porter Cable 6902 Router

I have three router tables that have all used the porter cable 6902 motor. I like that unit for a router table, especially when it has dust collection in the cabinet. The issue I have is there doesn't seem to be any new router motors being made and haven't for a while now. Also parts are getting...
  7. pcooper

A Clean Shop

I clean two or three times a year....forget which years I did that though.... It's been a while since I did a deep clean, maybe never really, but I do sweep the floor often. I've seen shops that look like no one has ever cut a board in them, and some that look like they would go up in flames...
  8. pcooper

Air compressor... Inside or outside?

Keep mine inside where the climate control is always working, low humidity, little to no moisture to drain. When I had one outside, I had to drain it all the time, moisture was a real problem, even under a shed or inside an enclosed area...but without A/C.
  9. pcooper

Shout out to Steve Wall Lumber, Mayodan NC

I've bought from them too, and they are a wonderful company to work with! Very friendly and top notch service!
  10. pcooper

Phenolic sheets

Sawman101 (Bruce Swanson) had several sheets left over from a bulk order from the group here, last I knew they were at the Hickory Klingspor store, but all I've actually seen there are small ones, 12" square or smaller. You might call that store (828-326-9663) and see if they have larger sheets...
  11. pcooper

SOLD-Newer Craftsman Radial Arm Saw $200

Hey, this unit isn't available any longer, I thought I had closed the thread, but guess I hadn't. Thanks for your interest and welcome to the group!
  12. pcooper

Burning Question - When are cutoffs/scrap firewood?

When I made a lot of pens, my answer would be when you can't make a pen from it, now it's when you can't make a chaotic cutting board from it, or you can't walk around the shop because of scrap piles...I burn about twice a year and still have scrap piles...
  13. pcooper

Porter Cable 330 sander death

I had the same problem, sander died and it was my favorite. I've got a Festool sander now, only thing I could find that was anything close to what I wanted. I'm glad I moved to the Festool, wasn't a fan of the expensive green tools, but I think it's about as close as it gets these days.
  14. pcooper

consistency of link belts

I've been reading this thread with interest, I've got linked belts on my table saw and jointer. My thoughts on those is they're smoother than what I took off. For machines that have more power, I wonder if they'll hold up that well, and with machines that use multiple belts, I'd think they...
  15. pcooper

Board Buddies W1105 - Board Buddies Hold-Down Devices For Shapers - Green

I hadn't seen any of these in use, looked on Amazon for them, found that the green ones go either way, yellow is clockwise and orange is counter clockwise.... if that's a standard then the OP ones are either way. Good price on them too based on Amazon.
  16. pcooper

Workbench height

Years ago I built the Norm Abram bench and found it too high for me, I still have it but it's not used for a bench now. I later built a large Shaker style bench (Hancock Shaker Village) and by that time I knew about how high I needed it to be. It's about 4 inches lower than Norm's bench, and...
  17. pcooper

Plywood face veneer is getting ridiculously thin

Don't know if it will help you or not, but I've tried putting masking tape on the cut (decent painters tape that will come off easily) before I do the cut and seems to help. The veneers are so thin... and so little glue...it's sad how things have gone to this.
  18. pcooper

Current Burial Urns Inventory

I have two lasers and willing to try to create some of the medallions, and also could make the urns packs if I had some lumber to work with and a sample or plans for them. My free time to do them restricts being able to meet and work as a group, but willing to work as time allows in my shop.
  19. pcooper

Current Burial Urns Inventory

Where are the materials sourced for the urns?
  20. pcooper

All Sold in Morganton - but check out the items and prices!

Seems when people are bidding against one another, the moon becomes a goal post... they can't stop at the actual worth of something lots of times. I found that true selling things on ebay, sold a lot of stuff for more than it cost to buy it new (mechanics tools).

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS