Search results

1. tdukes

Hvlp

Biggest issue you're going to face is moisture. It doesn't mix well with solvent based finishes. Water borne finishes will not be an issue.
  2. tdukes

LED worklight $20 at Lowes

LOL!! I have some bats living in my eave vents. Unless they can chaw thru hardware cloth, they can't get in my attic. I see them flying around on my security cameras. I think infrared LEDs attract bugs and of course bats. I may post a video in the morning. Bats are good to have around.
  3. tdukes

Dying Wood

Going to send you a PM with a link of what I trying to do. This person is selling these so I don't want infringe on his idea. I made three today and they are really clever.
  4. tdukes

Dying Wood

It's not so much the budget as it is buying more than necessary. Maybe cheaper to buy 2 kits, one for primary colors and a second of secondary colors. I don't need much. Think I'll buy one and see how it works out. When they talk grams, I have no clue what that equates to.
  5. tdukes

Dying Wood

Thanks! I saw those also. I went to their website and saw where its only 5 grams of each color. Doesn't seem like much. Maybe it doesn't take much but when you start blending primary colors to make secondary colors, would it be enough?
  6. tdukes

Miter bar material?

I made a couple jigs with UHMW runners from cutting boards. Like using hardwood, need to make sure you over drill and counter sink the holes for the screws as it has a tendency to 'swell' where the screws are placed.
  7. tdukes

Pantorouter

I think its something like this: https://www.chipsfly.com/category/M.html Love to have one but $$$$!!
  8. tdukes

Dying Wood

I saw a neat little smart device holder on the interweb. They appeared to be white oak dyed green, red, blue, yellow, etc. Thought it would be some good Christmas gifts. Didin't want to spend a fortune for a mass quantity of different colored dyes.
  9. tdukes

LED worklight $20 at Lowes

Mounted two of those 4 foot ones from HD under the over hang of my roof on my deck. Its like daylight at night.
  10. tdukes

Dying Wood

Was wondering how fabric dye ofr food coloring would work for dying wood? Anyone ever tried? TIA
  11. tdukes

Miter bar material?

I have used aluminum bar on several jigs. I bought from online metals dot com. Learned real quick, its best to make a shallow dado to install the bar. It might look straight, but don't bank on it. Also, use cutting oil to thread the screws. Not sure what's in cutting oil but broke several taps...
  12. tdukes

Florip Toolworks Dovetail Saw

16ppi. These aren't mass produced. Its a one man operation and a USMC Vet http://floriptoolworks.com/ready-saws
  13. tdukes

Florip Toolworks Dovetail Saw

WOW!! Just got my dovetail saw from Forip Toolworks!! Have to say this is a piece of art. Not sure I want to use it or hang it on the wall!!
  14. tdukes

Yes, But Is It Fine Woodworking?"

Yesserie! Dang fine!!
  15. tdukes

Saw Table Discoloration

I think glue is worse than sweat. You can wipe off both as they happen but I think glue must be more corrosive.
  16. tdukes

Thin Rip Table Saw Jig

I have the same jig from Rockler. Have used it numerous times. Well worth the $$
  17. tdukes

Nursery Dresser Build **Completed**

Re: Nursery Dresser Build Great job to you and the wife!!
  18. tdukes

Can this be Walnut?

If its free, grab it!!
  19. tdukes

Leather Strop - Game Changer

Yes, with the WorkSharp and a sharpening jig like Veritas or a generic, the stropping wheel and the green clay bar will put a mirror finish on the cutting edge. Guess you could do it by hand but the WorkSharp and sharpening jig makes it really easy I have several DMT diamond plates and Norton...
  20. tdukes

Leather Strop - Game Changer

I bought a leather stropping disc for my WorkSharp 3000. Backing up a bit, I was squaring the corners on some stopped dados on the bathroom wall cabinet I built a couple months back. The cheapo Irwin-Marples chisels I used were sharpened/flatened to 800 grit. Had to use a mallet make the cuts...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS