2. Tgillis

Klingspor Woodworking Store Events

I can be at the Extravaganza and Winston celebration
  3. Tgillis

18” full extension drawer slides

Amazon! I was able to find some really good deals on Amazon
  4. Tgillis

Nova 1624 II?

I will look at some reviews to find out if the vibration issue was resolved with the new model, if it hasn't then I think I should probably keep looking because my intent is to be able to turn largish segmented bowls
  5. Tgillis

Nova 1624 II?

Has anyone worked with the Nova 1624 II? I'm looking at it to replace another lathe I have and would like to know if it has a mobile base attachment that can be added or if I would need to purchase a separate mobile base to go with the lathe. Any good advice is welcomed.
  6. Tgillis

Klingspor Extravaganza- October 21-22, 2022

I can help set up Thursday from 2:00-4:30 and help on the lathe on Friday from 7:00-6:00
  7. Tgillis

Teaser Video / Pictures - my ask for help

This is the urn I turned and the best segmented turning that I have completed. I'm still a work in progress but the point is that I strive for progress
  8. Tgillis

new turning

Beautiful Work!
  9. Tgillis

Segmented ornament!

Had to get creative with getting a finish on these ornaments so, clamps, twine and shellac got the job done
  10. Tgillis

Segmented ornament!

I used my Incra Miter sled and since the pieces were super small a pencil to hold the cuts down
  11. Tgillis

Segmented ornament!

it was already segmented but I started with it in two halves and hollowed each of the halves further before gluing the halves together and doing the final turning.
  12. Tgillis

Segmented ornament!

I turned my first segmented ornament and am so very excited about it! I don't have finish on it yet but I finished the sanding down to 320. When I part it off, I will put a small eye hook in the stem so that it can hang on the tree.
  13. Tgillis

Latest Turnings

Beautiful!
  14. Tgillis

First legitimate segmented turning!

I already started on segmented ornaments from the scraps!
  15. Tgillis

Here are the updated pictures with the lacquer on
  16. Tgillis

I like your bowl and believe it or not the only thing planned with my urn was what wood I would use and how many segments I would use for the rings. The most intriguing projects I have done have usually been happy accidents I could repeat. I have traditional turning tools but I love my rikon...
  17. Tgillis

I kinda cheated with the miter cuts, I used an Incra miter sled after I made sure the blade was set to 90 degrees with my Wixey digital angle finder
  18. Tgillis

I added pre lacquer pics, I have to wait til next week to put the lacquer on, the fit of the top is super tight (as it is meant to be so ya know, no spills (; ). Just gotta figure out what I will do for putting my name on it
  19. Tgillis

New User From Charlotte

Welcome Tom!
  20. Tgillis

So, I finally got around to doing a project just for me. It has been my habit to do projects for others but I decided my list of wants is important too as it is my shop. So my first legitimate segmented turning is my urn. It may be morbid to think about but it is no different than keeping life...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors