Search results

1. M

New Air Compressor

These have been available for many years. All of my hoses have one. The older I get the more I like them...
  2. M

Finishing suggestions for SYP porch ceiling?

I have a screened porch that has a SYP celling finished with min wax poly 21 years ago. Only place that ever needed refinishing is an area where a sky light leaked.
  3. M

Pin Nailer

I'll second the Ryobi 18V tool system. When you say "pin nailer" I think 23 ga pins which I would not use for jigs, I would use an 18 ga brad nailer. I also use a Ryobi 18V hot glue gun a lot for making jigs. I have bought most of the Ryobi stuff I have from Direct Tools Outlet Site Of course...
  4. M

New Air Compressor

1/4" fittings are sufficient(CFM wise) for compressors 5 hp or less. Over 5 hp 3/8" is needed. I've never used anything other than 1/4" fittings and 1/2" distribution pipe.
  5. M

For Sale : Dewalt DW682 plate Jointer and Shop Nation BOSCH AXIAL GLIDE MITER SAW DUST CHUTE (Gen 1)

Cleaning out the workshop. Plate Jointer $100 I might also find some biscuits. Shop Nation Bosch Axial Glide Miter Saw Dust chute with 2 1/2" adapter $25. Works fine I just bought the digital plans and printed a Gen 2 version. I also have 2 solid core doors I'm giving away. One is ~ 24" X...
  6. M

Where to buy furniture grade plywood in the Raleigh area?

Have you looked at NC Hardwoods in Gibsonville. Only place I know of to get combo core plywood with sequenced sheets. I have always found their prices are generally better than Horizion. Takes me 30 min to get to Horizion and 50 to get to Gibsonville.
  7. M

Wooden Cups

WaterLox, tung oil with phenolic resin. Penetrates, builds and is easily repairable because it will bond to its self.
  8. M

Can I cut Rockler's T-track with my miter saw?

I seem to cut a lot of aluminum and brass and now have a non ferrous blade. The only blade I would not use to cut aluminum is a high tooth count with HiATB teeth. The blades that have come on the miter saws I have bought have had ATB-R teeth and not a high tooth count which work fine. I have...
  9. M

Good YouTubers to follow?

I'm surprised no has mentioned Tim Killen's KillenWOOD. If you're into period reproductions and use or would like to use sketch up he has lots of info.
  10. M

Shaper Tape Origin resource

When I first got my SO I was concerned about tape consumption but I have found I really don't use that much. A good bit of cutting I have done I do on the workstation and you don't use any tape for that. I have cut parts using a 1/2 sheet of MDF and I used tape for that. I made a table saw sled...
  11. M

Woodworking Hourly Rate

I keep it real simple, 10 X cost of all materials and I don't use cheep materials.
  12. M

Cabinet Back too Thin ?

Re-saw it and then deal with it. I have "helped" re-sawn lumber re-acclimate in the summer by leaving it outside in the grass over night with the re-sawn or bowed side up. The morning dew seemed to add the exact amount of moisture needed. In the winter I would have to spritz it with water and...
  13. M

Picture Framing

I have matts cut at Jerry's Artarama on Wake forest road in Raleigh. You buy a sheet of matt board and they would cut it. I have taken pices back and they would cut them.
  14. M

Mitre fence technique

I've never used the 90 but have used 3M's Supper 77 for attaching pool table felt to the slate and for attaching tips to cue sticks.
  15. M

Stairwell railing for doll house

Great job. I was at the Williamsburg Woodworking in the 18th Century conference a few years ago and there was a miniatures makers group meeting at the same time. The prices they had on display were amazing. A guy had a high boy he was building and it had all of the parts a full sized one would.
  16. M

Xmas list

My wife uses a butter knife. I use a church key.
  17. M

Finishing options for mahogany entry door?

I would stick with the WaterLox because its the only finish I know of that can be can be reapplied without removing the old other that lacquer and shellac . I would not use the semigloss because of the flatteners in it. I remove the gloss with oiled 0000 steel wool. My first coat is always 50/50...
  18. M

Supermax 16-32

I've had a Supermax 16/32 for about 5 years. I got the smaller because it is smaller and I've yet to us it for anything over 16". I also had trouble with the belt tracking at first. I took me about 6 months to get it stable. I think it must have take that long for the belt to get to it final shape.
  19. M

Will this work on a drum sander?

There are drum sanders that use hook and loop. When looking for a hook and loop conversion for my 12" disc sander I found some for drum sanders.
  20. M

First Walnut Project

Nice table. For mistakes like that I've been known to slice a pice of veneer and apply to both parts. No one will notice that extra 1/32", not even a woodworker.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS