Search results

1. M

Framing Hammer old vs new- mini rant

I also have a Hart framing hammer, and it just fits like a glove.
  2. M

Ready to finish

Ah, yeah…. I see it now- I dampened them to raise the grain a bit for a final sanding and it was still wet……
  3. M

Ready to finish

Got all the parts made. Had a small slab of walnut and figured it would do as a low coffee table. Not the prettiest piece and lots of worm holes and saw marks. I left a lot of that visible - I can always remove it if I don’t like it after I put a few coats of waterlox on it… I wanted to do legs...
  4. M

Joinery Help

The bottom shelf in this table is sitting in groves cut into the legs. Just floating, no glue or mechanical connection. I think you’ll be fine…
  5. M

Queen Anne Desk

Really stunning, I would be afraid to move it for fear of putting a scratch on it!
  6. M

What are you bringing to the 2024 picnic?

dessert - brownie bites…. They always sellout, so we’ll keep bringing them..
  7. M

Slot cutters

I made one similar to this but wider (more support) and it rides on my tablesaw sled. I can clamp it to the sled and it’s very secure.
  8. M

Happy Birthday Golfdad

Happy day Dirk!
  9. M

Chess Set

Beautiful!
  10. M

Dust collector transition plan needed

Next months contest - “make a funnel to these dimensions” - there you go Phil, problem solved 😂
  11. M

Used Cabinet Saws

I find I use my bandsaw way more than I ever thought I would. For any heavy cuts now I use that and stick to making light cuts on the table saw. Often I will just make the cut on the bandsaw and finish it with a hand plane. So I don’t use the tablesaw as much anymore, and doubt I would spend the...
  12. M

Need suggestions for retractable castors for a heavy bench

Me too… I forget where I got them, but so far so good…
  13. M

Anyone interest in a commission?

All I can think of…. https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/157/itsatrap.jpg
  14. M

Corp membership intro

Same as Sabertoothbunny…. Been here a while and I think this is all I have left to do to be a corp member….
  15. M

Chess Set

very nice! I am hoping to do this in the future- very interested in how you made the knights … any other insights to making the various pieces would be appreciated….. let me be the first to ask you to consider posting a tutorial…. thanks.
  16. M

Router Plane

+1 on the Veritas, very happy with it….. have not tried the others.
  17. M

Board Feet

I found a boardfeet calculator in the App Store so it’s always on my phone…
  18. M

Grandfather Clock

That’s going to be special Donn….. wow indeed!
  19. M

High Dew Point Alert!

Learned that the hard way a few years ago…. Spent a Saturday morning wiping water off every metal surface ……. Then re-waxing everything…. Keep the door closed!
  20. M

Recent small table build

Very purdy Dan…

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS