Search results

1. R

What Species is this?

I bought this lumber from a local sawyer about 2 years ago and he said it was QS RO. I was so dirty that I was not able to tell what it looked like, but after I planed it, I knew it was not RO. I like it and would like to know if anyone knows what it is. It is the darker of the 2 boards in the...
  2. R

Jet XACTA Table Saw

I have been shopping for a new table saw and pretty well narrowed it down to the Grizzly 1023 or the Steel City 35610. Now, Woodcraft has a sale on Saturday only with 10% off Jet and Powermatic, plus there is a $100 rebate from Jet. I can get the Jet XACTA with 50" fence rails for about the...
  3. R

Sears 12" Band Saw

I am in the market for a new band saw and have been comparing the Delta 14" and the Sears 12". Other than wheel diameter, the saws are very similar except the Sears includes a fence, work light, and has a 7" resaw capacity. The Sears is $299 and the Delta is $379, but by the time you add a...
  4. R

Melamine Board

Does anyone know where I might find melamine coated MDF in the Charlotte area? Lowes and HD do not have it. Thanks.
  5. R

Hello to everyone!

My name is Roy and I live in Mount Holly. I am originally from the Asheville area and moved here about 17 years ago. I currently am a mainframe systems programmer, but I plan to retire in 2-3 years and devote more time to my hobbies. Woodworking is a hobby that I have been doing for a long...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors