Search results

1. Boomer76

New Member From Davidson/Mooresville area

Welcome to the forum. I'm just down the street in huntersville. I'm not a pro by any means and just started to hone my craft a couple yrs ago. I'm also in my 40's, never to late to learn.
  2. Boomer76

My first segmented turning

Thank you Ray. I think next time I will also flatten the top of the ring before adding another. Fred, I tried to ride the bevel dropping the handle until it cut. I'm also still very new at turning anything other than pens. Thanks Graywolf
  3. Boomer76

My first segmented turning

I turn pens and have made cups to hold pens and decided to try a segmented pen cup. I had a slight design flaw but otherwise I think it came out pretty well. I think I was turning it too slow because I got some chipping on the tail side of some segments. I was a little nervous about going full...
  4. Boomer76

Finished My 1st Dust Collection System

Great job. I may have to study and reference these pics many times. I've been toying with piping in a system instead of moving the shop vac hose from tool to tool as I am now. I use a dust deputy and 15 gallon fiber drum that is sufficient for my needs. My shop is my garage and still used as a...
  5. Boomer76

Simple Spice cabinet

Thanks y'all. I appreciate your compliments. I didn't use any fancy joinery or whatnot. I really concentrated on function versus furniture quality. Hopefully the Mrs will approve.
  6. Boomer76

Plywood banding clamping suggestions?

How about just using a bar clamp or other clamp and wedges like this. I can't imagine alot of clamping force is needed for edge banding.
  7. Boomer76

Simple Spice cabinet

Yes it is. Two of them.
  8. Boomer76

Simple Spice cabinet

So two years ago when we moved here to NC a fellow woodworker said that one joy of the craft is being able to make things to fit into a certain spot just right. I think I have done that pretty well. My wife is getting tired of our small kitchen and lack of cabinet space so to free up an entire...
  9. Boomer76

Anybody near Asheville?

I think he was a little south of the Asheville airport.
  10. Boomer76

Anybody near Asheville?

I found this on craigslist and am quite curious of the quality of these plywood half sheets to see if it would worth the four hour round trip for me to load up for projects. https://asheville.craigslist.org/mat/6803538992.html
  11. Boomer76

Phenolic saw plates cheap!

Sawman what would be the cost of 2' x 2' sheet of 1/2" material run? I won't be able to measure my saw plate until Tuesday. Again thank you.
  12. Boomer76

Sawman I would like to add another plate for this saw please. 4 plates please. I could meet at Klingspor in Hickory or West Penn Hardwoods if they are convenient to you. And Thank you again for doing this.
  13. Boomer76

Thank you for doing this. I would like 3 for the Delta 36-725. I would be able to pick up from you.
  14. Boomer76

Early Christmas present

I'm excited to attack this project. I've been trying to think of which species to use. I'm going to have to turn one in a bunch of different woods to see which is better.
  15. Boomer76

Early Christmas present

So while on vacation up in Ma for Thanksgiving my wife's aunt gave me her present since we weren't going to be here for Christmas. She was really deep into woodworking in college back in the 70's and bought these for a project that was never completed. Now it is in my hands to complete. These...
  16. Boomer76

Plastic or Wooden cutting boards?

We use a wooden cutting board without any problems. My wife has been a vegetarian for twenty years and has not had any ill effects from cutting vegetables on the very same cutting board that chicken and beef get cut on. Of course when both are used in the same night the vegetables get cut first...
  17. Boomer76

Cherry nightstand

Thank you. Yeah the first pic was just a dry fit to see how it was looking after I tapered the legs.
  18. Boomer76

Cherry nightstand

Thank you everyone. Your compliments mean alot to me. When the Mrs got home and saw it she absolutely loves them both. I couldn't use the wife's glass and coaster before she did.
  19. Boomer76

Cherry nightstand

Thank you everyone. I finished with one coat of BLO, dewaxed shellac (seal coat), then 3 coats of wipe on poly and finally buffed out finishing wax. I should have done 2 or 3 coats of the seal coat because when I smoothed it out with 400gr sand paper I must have sanded right through it because I...
  20. Boomer76

Cherry nightstand

Thank you very much.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS