Search results

1. riggsp

New CNC project

I've been playing around with the new 4th axis on my CNC machine...this is the latest project "just to see if I could". I started with a piece of walnut 2" square and 12" long...I used a 3/4" bowl bit to take the corners off to 2" diameter, then used a 1/16" diameter tapered ballnose bit to...
  2. riggsp

First Try

This is the first try with my new rotary (4th axis) indexer on my CNC router...I started with a 12"- 3" x 3" piece of cherry...I used the oldest cheapest bits I had just in case there was a problem...1/2" straight carbide bit for the rough turning, and a 1/8" tapered ballnose bit for the 3d...
  3. riggsp

Latest project

For my grand-daughter that just graduated from University of South Carolina.
  4. riggsp

Couldn't Find One I Liked...

I couldn't find a gearshift ball for my MG that I really liked, so I made one on my CNC machine...2" diameter finished size.
  5. riggsp

Trivets for the family

I made several trivets for our extended family for Christmas...made from glued up strips of Asian teak
  6. riggsp

New CNC Carving

Just finished this carving after doing an upgrade to my CNC machine...Walnut with General Finishes Satin Clear Gel Coat.
  7. riggsp

Shopsmith for sale

I have a Shopsmith machine with a trunk full of accessaries that is very lightly used that was purchased new in 1978 (not by me)...also have a Shopsmith bandsaw mounted on a seperate stand with it's own motor (does not have to be attached to the main machine). I have no idea what they are worth...
  8. riggsp

A New Box

Finished this today from plans I got off the internet.
  9. riggsp

Another project

I made this for my CNC from purchased plans...it is made of hard maple, has removable sacrificial jaws and is attached to the table with locater pins and clamps to automatically align to the machine gantry.
  10. riggsp

Latest Project

Just completed this for my nephew who is getting married this weekend. Made of white oak and cut on my cnc machine. Engraved with a 60 deg V-bit, groove cut with a 3/8" diameter ball nose bit, and profiled with a 1/4" spiral upcut bit. Finished size 10"x 21"
  11. riggsp

I know it's not snowing...

I know it's 90 deg. and not snowing, but I just thought I'd get ready
  12. riggsp

Shopbot Buddy BT-32 CNC router

EDITED I'm the second owner of this slightly used CNC router...it has a 24 x 36 in. aluminum bed, and a 3 1/4 hp Porter-Cable router for a spindle. I've added heavy duty casters for mobility, "e-chain" for cable management, and upgraded to the newest communication board. Machine is all steel...
  13. riggsp

Mash Stirrer

A buddy of mine who brews craft beer asked me if I could make him a wooden mash stirrer with the name of his company on it. This is what I came up with...made of cherry with no finish so as not to contaminate the brew.
  14. riggsp

Laser Attachment for CNC Router

I have been working on attaching a laser to my CNC router, and after coming up with a way to mount it, control intensity and focus, feed rates, modifying my CNC controller and my CAD/CAM software to recognize the laser, I think I’ve finally got a handle on it...I’ve attached an image that I had...
  15. riggsp

Delta Unisaw

Friend of mine has this for sale.
  16. riggsp

Latest CNC Project

Made this on my CNC machine for my youngest grand-daughter...It’s made from a piece of cherry that I found to have an interesting figure...Total run time was about 2 1/2 hours using a 1/4” single flute bit for roughing, a 1/8” ball nose bit for finishing and a 1/2” 60 deg. ”V” bit for...
  17. riggsp

Jet Dust Collector

A friend of mine here in Charlotte has a 1 1/2 hp Jet Vortex DC-1100-VX-CK dust collector with the canister filter for sale that is less than a year old. He's asking $450.00. He can be contacted at dterpening@carolina.rr.com if you're interested, or PM me and I'll give you his phone number.
  18. riggsp

Newest CNC Inlay

Made of walnut and maple...I got this image off the internet and decided to try it.
  19. riggsp

Drum Sander

Not too long ago (maybe a month) someone in the Charlotte area was advertising in the classified section that they had a lightly used Delta drum sander...I only saw it once before it went away...Was wondering if anyone knows who had it for sale and if it sold.
  20. riggsp

CNC Inlay

First try at a CNC inlay using mahogany and maple

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors