Search results

1. J

Third cone pulley for a walker turner drill press.

Place a wanted ad on OWWM.org, that site is dedicated to old woodworking machines.
  2. J

Pergola Build Question

Why the galvanized nails and not screws?
  3. J

Pergola Build Question

Yeah, unfortunately I did already buy the wood but made a note of Professional Builders. One more question for the group.. I'm going to double up the "ribs" on the outside 2x8's and the middle, these will connect to the upright 6x6's. Would you use glue and screws for these laminated beams...
  4. J

Pergola Build Question

Thanks Mike!
  5. J

Pergola Build Question

Hello, I'm building a pergola out of PT wood on my back patio and have a question about the cross members. The pergola is approx 19ft long and 13ft wide. I'm using 2x6's for the 13ft cross members and attaching them using joist hangers. My question is about wood movement, should I cut the cross...
  6. J

Some Old Iron. Porter Cable Cast Iron Routing Table - Gone

Hello! I’m interested in buying that router table, I’m in Thomasville. PM sent Jim
  7. J

Extra drywall/ sheetrock SOLD

PM sent.
  8. J

Table Saw Recommendations

Hello, I’d say if you can swing it, I’d try for the Unisaw. They are great saws with parts readily available on many different forums. I also think that you’ll have more success with dust control down the road if you choose to go that route. Good luck! Jim
  9. J

1 HP motor for sale

Hi, do you know what tool it came off of? Thanks, Jim
  10. J

5 sets of Powermatic HSS 20" Planer Knives

The blades are 20.25”- 1.25”- 5/32 Thanks, Jim
  11. J

Let me check when I get back home today from work and I'll let you know. Thanks, Jim
  12. J

Cleaning out the garage and these have been on the shelf for a while, time for them to go. I have 5 sets of freshly sharpened planer blades that are surplus to my needs. 4 of the 5 have Powermatic stamped on them and the 5th set has no markings. Selling for $100 per set or all 5 sets for $400...
  13. J

Mover Recommendations for Shop Move From Charlotte to VA

No one is going to take care of your equipment like you would yourself. I moved from Raleigh to Advance NC 2 years ago to house I rented before buying a house in Thomasville NC and ended up moving all my equipment myself. With the equipment you listed, you could rent a truck and move it yourself...
  14. J

Looking for a machinist / shop in the Triangle area

I'd second Charlie's suggestion, I've had nothing but positive experiences with Hamilton Machine. Great work, reasonable turn around time and pricing.
  15. J

Need a skid steer for 15 minutes in Charlotte

Depending how far in the garage it is, you may be able to hire a roll back. I've heard of guys going this route and worked out for them. Usually you can book them for a reasonable price early on a Sunday morning when there's not a lot going on. Good Luck, Jim
  16. J

Oliver 299D magnetic starter issue?

I had a Moak table saw once that had a dual voltage motor and when I bought it, it was set up for 440. I too had it set up via a phase converter and a buddy of mine advised that I had purchase and install new heaters in the starter for it to work correctly. I followed his advice and it ran...
  17. J

Looking for 1950's 12" Moak jointer fence.

You many want to try placing an ad on OWWM.ORG, not sure if you're familiar with that site? If not, that site is dedicated to Old Woodworking machines and is a great resource for repair and parts as well. Good Luck, Jim
  18. J

Wood recommendation for a kitchen table top

I appreciate all the responses, you all have given me a lot to think about. All the pictures were great, I'm a visual guy and they've helped a lot. I'll let you know what I end up going with. Jim
  19. J

Thanks Steve, that's a good idea.
  20. J

Jack and Mike, thanks for the Maple suggestion. I've heard dark stain on maple can be tricky, so may end up going with walnut. Thanks SabertoothBunn, I'll have to take a look at Ash. Gives me another excuse to go back to the Hardwood Store! Rick, you raise a valid point and you're probably...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS