Search results

1. S

Holly tree trunk in Chapel Hill, NC

Well, regrets being the way they are, I had girdled the tree 2 days ago with a hatchet, so I may have ruined it for a mid winter harvest. It is not a complete girdling of the tree as there is vascular tissue folded into the tree. In my experiences so far, and according to more experienced tree...
  2. S

Logging in--being unlogged in

If that is the "remember me" box, I just ticked it so maybe I will not be booted out so fast?
  3. S

Logging in--being unlogged in

If the web supervisor can do this, lengthen the amount of time people are logged in. This time is too short. I have been kicked out several times in the process of writing replies. I can't type that fast.
  4. S

I was not aware of the wood whiteness being affected by timing, but I am aware of the moisture issues; taking the tree down in winter would be a good idea. Late Nov, early Dec is best. I am not familiar with holly tree peculiarities, but with other trees it has to be taken down before the winter...
  5. S

Now that you have seen the pictures, re-read the initial post. Answering questions-comments: I am aware of the metal hazard. The collector is assuming some risk in that, but for the time we have owned the tree, since 1985, which is in the front yard, with the house having only 2 owners before...
  6. S

Thank you for the gentleman for leaving a message and phone number on my husband's cell phone, but I think these pics finally got up before you made the call. I would prefer, however, any interested parties to communicate by the email address provided in my initial post, and to not call on...
  7. S

The pictures are posted in the Member Gallery under "random" The pictures appear to be not in an album, but each are labeled as "McIntee Holly Tree in Chapel Hill."
  8. S

Frame saw build!

I just happened to be browsing by to see planes in a position they should not be in, according to my woodworker father. Planes should be put at rest on their sides, to protect and keep the blade clean.
  9. S

Well I got a bit further this time, going through the whole thing again. I think they are posted.
  10. S

As I have already written, the software shows that the 9 files were uploaded and that 35,117kb (35959581 bytes) of my account has been used. I haven't a clue as to where these uploads went, but they were clearly uploaded.
  11. S

I uploaded them, and my acct has 9 images uploaded The software says I have 35,117kb (35959581 bytes) used. But I don't know where these pictures are. The album is titled Mcintee Holly Tree in Chapel Hill. The search box appears to be useless.
  12. S

Girth is a circumference measure 4' from the ground. The girth of this tree is 63" and it is an American Holly tree specially prepared for harvesting for woodworking.
  13. S

The girth of the tree is 63" not 65". See pictures, wherever they may be.
  14. S

I don't know where to post the following: My father, a woodworker, 30 years ago (before his death 20 years ago) just after we moved in, suggested to me, a daughter who was still doing some cabinetry and carpentry, at that time, that this holly tree in our front yard should be used for marquetry...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS