Search results

1. Frank Berry

Need a straight edge

While working in the shop building the counters and new work bench, I come to realize that my two piece aluminum straight edge I use for cutting my sheet goods has developed a curve in one of the 4' pieces. I have had this thing for many years and did not pay but maybe $20 for it when I bought...
  2. Frank Berry

Ready to build the new bench BUT?

I am now ready to build the new shop bench. The bench will be a 3'X6' and approx 35" tall on locking wheels. This bench will be everything from a catch all to my layout table to a scaffold when working in the shop on my ceiling lights and other items. What I am getting at is this bench is not...
  3. Frank Berry

Once again needing. This time LED lights

Right now I have 4- 4 tube Fluorescent lights that are 4 foot long each in the garage/shop area ceiling, and one LED over the tool boxes. I want to replace the 4 on the ceiling with LED 5000k lights and 2 LEDs over the new counter I just built. Does anyone have any pointers where to get the best...
  4. Frank Berry

Upper cabinets measurements

I am progressing in the redoing of my shop/garage. The counter is in and now need some upper cabinets for over the counter but I don't want the full size cabinets. I would like to get the ones that would fit above the microwave or the frig. They are shorter cabinets. I would like to install some...
  5. Frank Berry

Looking for a good oscillating multi tool

I went to HF about a week or two ago and picked up an oscillating multi tool for $24.99 and got it home and plugged it in and saw it came on so I threw it in the cabinet for when I needed it. Well, yesterday working in the shop trying to get it all back together I had a need to use the tool and...
  6. Frank Berry

New work bench plans needed

I am in the process of revamping the workshop and as soon as my counters are finished, I want to replace my workbench. I converted an old oak dresser a neighbor left behind when she moved and I added here and there and made a decent workbench that has served me for more then 10 or so years. I...
  7. Frank Berry

Another great member to recognize.

I have been a member of this forum and group since 6/22/2016. I have had the great pleasure of meeting a handful of the members on here in person at events and the monthly lunch get togethers at the Carolina Ale House, and want to say that you will never find a better or more caring group of...
  8. Frank Berry

Need some wheels

I am redoing the shop and built a bank of cabinets that will have roll out drawers that will ride on the floor and fit under each of the six shelves. I need 24 wheels for 6 boxes that I will make. Boxes will hold anything from drills, boxes of screw and nails, odds and ends that would be loose...
  9. Frank Berry

Started rearranging the shop.

I finally started to get the shop organized by building new counter tops and will build the lowers with plywood. I plan on setting all the machines on the 15 feet of counter that I started to build the frame work for today. Still got a long wy to go but one day at a time. I do plan on building...
  10. Frank Berry

Got a new respirator

My old respirator finally showed it's age and effectiveness and I had to get a replacement. Checking around a little to see what others are using, I came across a video of the Wood Whisperer and Mark was doing a review on the 3M brand 7500 half mask. I decided to get this model because I used to...
  11. Frank Berry

Best Glue and Wood Filler

I have been using Titebond Glue for some years now and have been wondering if there is anything better to use. I have tried the Elmer's Carpenter glue but did not think there was much difference in that and Titebond. I also am having a problem with my Plastic Wood wood filler. It seems that I...
  12. Frank Berry

New on/off switch for my Jet Contractor saw

I ordered a new paddle switch from Powertec for my Jet Contractor saw and it finally arrived today via USPS. The switch description said "will fit in a standard box". Nothing wrong with the Jet switch, but I wanted to add the paddle to it for easy and safe shut off. Took out the Jet switch and...
  13. Frank Berry

Holiday wishes

I just wanted to say thank you for allowing me to be part of this family, and I want to take a moment to wish each and everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy Holiday to this great group of people. I hope everyone is safe and warm this season, and finds happiness with your families around you...
  14. Frank Berry

Modified shop apron

I asked the wife to sew a couple lower pockets on my denim shop apron, and she got it done this morning with an old blown out pair of Wrangler jeans of mine. I needed two pockets to keep my tape measure in as well as my small square and other "in use" items that I got tired of looking for every...
  15. Frank Berry

Wanting to post my dovetail Jig for sale

I have a almost new (tried out one time) Porter Cable 2512 Dovetail Jig that I purchased a short time ago and was finally able to give it a try (shoulder surgery) and have decided that I am not wanting to keep it. It is same as I got it in the box with all pieces including a few extras that go...
  16. Frank Berry

Dq

I was talking with the rep from Jet during the Extravaganza on Saturday and he mentioned that if I was going to buy a scroll saw any time other then during the Extravaganza, it would not matter if I was DQ because it did not count on machines, only woodworking materials. Is this correct?
  17. Frank Berry

New Freud blade on table saw

I bought a new 10" Freud Industrial LU84R011 50T with a 10 degree hook blade for my table saw about a month or so ago and every time I try using it I find burn marks on both sides of the cut. Type of wood does not matter. Soft or hard it still burns. Even plywood burns. I first thought maybe I...
  18. Frank Berry

Leather strop material

Anyone have any suggestions where I might find a piece of leather approximately 3 inches X 22 inches long? I am looking to make a leather strop with this. Thanks for the help once again.
  19. Frank Berry

Cannot download handicap lathe stand plans

I have been trying to see how to build the lathe stand that is used by the outreach program but cannot seem to open the file on my macbook Pro! This is the message I receive: Safari can’t open the file “Handicap Lathe Stand.skp” because no available application can open it. Can anyone tell me...
  20. Frank Berry

"IF" I was to buy a small lathe?

I have never wanted to get involved in turning until I started hanging around you guys! After yesterday attending the Hardwood Store 20th Anniversary, I had the chance to hang out around the members that do the deomostrations for those interested in woodworking. My interest has been peaking...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors