Search results

1. LocoWoodWork

Another hefty RO log

Harvested another RO that was destined for firewood. Got it home and almost halved, once quartered I'll take it to have it quarter sawn. TBC
  2. LocoWoodWork

Barn doors

Here are a couple of QS/RS RO doors I made hanging at their new home in TN. Drawbored ends with 1/2" dowels. Water based poly. Haven't been posting much in the last few months so I'm catching up.
  3. LocoWoodWork

Cultivator table

Here is a table made of RO with walnut bowties. The legs are two sweep brackets off of an old Massie Ferguson plow. Fabricated frame made of 2" angle and pipe to fit the sweeps. Wire brushed sweeps, treated with OSPHO and coated with BLO. Top is coated with tungoil. Feet are 4 small wooden...
  4. LocoWoodWork

Latest Maloof style rocker

From a cherry tree I chopped down a few years ago.
  5. LocoWoodWork

Dining room chairs

Here are three of six dining room chairs I have managed to complete. Maloof style joints, no pattern just eye balling and staying within the height width and depth. Believe it or not everyone who has tried them are surprised at how comfortable they are for hard wood. Two are all QSRO and one...
  6. LocoWoodWork

Latest table and bench

Rough sawn. QSRO and poplar table and bench at it's new home in Raleigh. Table top and aprons are RO, legs and entire bench are poplar.
  7. LocoWoodWork

New shop intern

Was at the tablesaw yesterday and noticed something in my peripheral vision. Turns out my 8 y/o granddaughter's mini horse decided to inspect the shop. Don't think he liked the stool as he knocked it over.
  8. LocoWoodWork

Another Maloof based quarantine rocker.

QSRO with walnut dowels. One coat of oil so far. Will get better pics after finish is complete.
  9. LocoWoodWork

Festool RO125 arrived

Ordered it from Klingspor on Tue it arrived today! Spent all afternoon familiarising myself with it on a Maloof style rocker. I'm definitely impressed with the sanding and dust collection. Costly but worth it IMO. Thanks for your input. Steve
  10. LocoWoodWork

Seeking advice before possible purchase of Festool RO 125

I have used Dewalts, Bosch to date. I have recently been having the tingling hand syndrome while sanding rockers. Considering the purchase of an RO 125. Read/watched a lot regarding the RO 125. Cost lots of $$$ but is it worth it?
  11. LocoWoodWork

Radial Arm Saw

Not mine, etc... https://eastnc.craigslist.org/tls/d/ernul-10-craftsman-radial-arm-saw/7107461441.html
  12. LocoWoodWork

Powermatic Planer Sharpening Grinder

Looking for a PM sharpener at a reasonable price.
  13. LocoWoodWork

Quarantine Rocker Finished!

Here's my second Maloof based rocker. Seat and headboard are black walnut, legs and slats RO, slats and runners are WO. All it needs now is sanding, sanding, sanding and more sanding then some finish.
  14. LocoWoodWork

Dust collector

Not mine/Not endorsing/FYI Dust collector/wood working
  15. LocoWoodWork

Final Post - My attempt at a Maloof style rocker

A Maloof style rocker has been in my bucket list for a long time. Have read tons of literature, watched most youtube but was always chicken. Three + years ago I felled and sawed a very large RO and have made dozens of projects with the lumber. Got lots of RO... why not make a rocker? Finally...
  16. LocoWoodWork

RO Pedestal Table

Making my first attempt at a pedestal table. Two laminated 12"x 12" pedestals, 54" X 106" top. This is also headed to Tampa, FL. Material will be QSRO. Top boards are 18" X 8/4. So far I have the pedestals and associated base material roughed out. Didn't know what I was getting into but...
  17. LocoWoodWork

Barn Doors

Made a couple of barn doors which will shortly be Tampa, FL bound. Constructed of RO, 30" X 84" each. Still Need to apply finish, attach front and rear handles, hanging hardware will be installed on site. Also working on a two pedestal dining table, will describe in separate post.
  18. LocoWoodWork

Delta Woodworking Machines CL

Not mine... don't know, FYI https://eastnc.craigslist.org/tls/d/leland-rockwell-commercial-woodworking/6807801391.html
  19. LocoWoodWork

Phenolic

Would phenolic work as a replacement face/board for a biesemeyer fence? I know nothing about phenolic other than a few words it rhymes with... plutonic, bubonic, atomic....
  20. LocoWoodWork

Finally found me a planer!

To date I have been using an Arrow 2030 (Makita 2030 under Arrow brand). The Arrow is a combination planer/jointer I p/u for free which had the cast motor mount broken off and missing. I mounted a motor underneath it and fabricated a pulley to match the 8 V head pulley and 7000 rpm specs. It...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS