Search results

1. jdennis

Asheville Hardware

It's a bummer Asheville Hardware has closed. I dealt a number of times with a guy named Dan who was very nice and helpful, I assumed he was the owner. Was he? Here is another suggestion for hardwood in the area, Cormack International in Weaverville, although geared towards commercial and...
  2. jdennis

Dado vs router

Depends on the job at hand but unless your router table is exceptional you'll get more accurate results with your table saw, plus since cutting a dado removes a lot of waste the table saw will be more efficient and may leave a cleaner cut depending on the bit in your router. I generally prefer...
  3. jdennis

Finish for exterior wood door

There are two factors going on here, one is the finish and the other is the door construction. It's hard to say without seeing the splits but my initial guess is they are due to not accounting for wood movement in the door construction, not much you can do about that at this point. Finish on...
  4. jdennis

Construction lumber prices

That's pretty much my understanding as well, an unfortunate confluence of factors. Let's not forget the Canadian lumber tariffs either.
  5. jdennis

Shop build advice

As others have mentioned if you have a design that allows running electric and dust collection under the floor (even better if you can access it later) it's a huge win. Having to get these hookups from a ceiling drop or from a wall location limits your layout options and more importantly...
  6. jdennis

Oneida Dust Collector

$2,800 is probably high but as others have said it depends on the model. I installed a new Onieda 3hp V system a recently, my shop is on the small side, 22 x 26 with 7 dust collection stations. At the conclusion I was surprised I had spent significantly more on the metal ductwork (I did buy from...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS