1. Noah's Ark in Shadow Box

Noah's Ark in Shadow Box

2. Shaker style coffee table

Shaker style coffee table

3. Scroll Plaque

Scroll Plaque

4. mac martin

Raleigh KD Lumber run #4

Re: Raleigh KD Lumber run #4 (updated with pricing) Looking For Some Tight Grain,clear, Dry Spruce - Any Suggestions?
  5. mac martin

Post and beam workshop

Bruce Thanks for the info - would greatly appreciate a copy - send to mackate@juno.com Mac
  6. mac martin

Post and beam workshop

Anyone know where i can get plans for a 12 x 16 p&b shop plan . I have the wood available - plan on using insulation\osb wall panels. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Mac:-)
  7. mac martin

DULCIMER - Plans

Have the wood - have the tools = need the plans. Anyone have plans or directions to where i can get plans and directions for the teardrop and the appalachian dulcimers. Have some wood I could exchange for same. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Mac;-)
  8. mac martin

Harbor Freight Lathe

I have one - got it about 2 years ago - with stand\legs, for 129$ - made a tray to go undet it and usuallybadd a "bunch of weight- sand bags, concrete block, old railroad rail, :lol: etc. to get it "rock" solid. Works for me. Might consider geting a better one when I get better at turning...
  9. mac martin

What Do You See?

A kid's nursery rhyme - remember "Goosey, goosey, gander":lol::lol::lol:
  10. mac martin

Boat building

I agree with Rob. I grew up around a "ole boat shop" in central florida. where they used cypress. muatly the old fashion 12-16 ft. flat bottom fishing kind. The sides usually were single plank of the 16-20 in. width and full length. made springing the sides much smoothier. A trick for the...
  11. mac martin

Hand-made Marking Guage

M - Have a few "store-bought" and don't know what I did before. Makes woodworking a whole lot more fun. Great job on yours. ( Did the article mention anything about sharpening the pins? I have read and have shaped my with a flat side on the tapered scribe points. (Cuts a cleaner line, less...
  12. mac martin

Bedside table project - completed!

Re: Bedside table project - more progress Taper depend - knocking it down a little more would give it that "dainty" slimmer look, if that is what you want , otherwise I think the tables are going great just as they arew.
  13. mac martin

Re: Bedside table project - first GOOF! OOPS- now you let everyone know why we keep scraps. Wife thinks I never make mistakes and they are only for the fireplace.
  14. mac martin

Re: Bedside table project - construction finished I have been using "hand-shetching-on-a-old-yellow-pad" "handware" and AutoCAD for a while now. More information on your saftware package ?"sketchup"? , please. You might want to check out the end table I have in my gallery. Very similar to the...
  15. mac martin

Sears Saw Radial, w/leg Set 22010

A little while back, after we moved here to Murphy, friend gave me a RAS - the digital readout version, he got it from a client, dodn't need it, but needed the "space" Was glad to help him "get his workspace back". Needs a new battery, some greasing (TLC) and a new top, but otherwise - a great...
  16. mac martin

Cutting Board

great looking board. If you do much of that bending - might suggest you check out mike dunbar ( the windsor chair guy) site, i believe he has a great little steamer that could cut down on bending time. I it's a easy do-it-yourself steamer.
  17. mac martin

Sears Saw Radial, w/leg Set 22010

Hey guys - you got it all wrong. First you rip against the rotation, catipults are for launching missiles, and Second - Always tie a project for the wiffie with a new tool, That way no windows, or necks get broken, AND you keep on getting nwebies.:lol:
  18. mac martin

Dovetail jigs

I would probably First, answer the question - How often, how many, how wide, and how fast you are going to need those dovetails. I have used two Sears brand, and the Leigh, and cut my own manually. For production work, down and dirty, fast- go with the Leigh (longer initial setup time - high...
  19. Scroll Plaque

Scroll Plaque

Birch plywood, light cherry stain. Mahogany Base
  20. Lighthouse

Lighthouse

A "Scroll saw" practice piect 6" X8" in teak Wax finish

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors