Search results

1. Grimmy2016

Oramask and CNC trial

as an aside, I tried to do something similar with my CNC laser and found blue and green masks make it so the laser never makes it to the wood unless I go reallllllllly slow, to the point I am burning the paper almost to being on fire. Looks like this approach may better server me with actual...
  2. Grimmy2016

Coin inlay with Epoxy

You could also do a light pour into the coin hole, and brush around with a brush. Use some heat to get the air bubbles out, and then before full set put your coin in. You can then pour the rest of your epoxy over it. The goal is to see the opened pore of the grain prior to the larger pour...
  3. Grimmy2016

Picnic tool sale

What type of clamps? Any chance I can buy online as I cant make the picnic due to wife's birthday.
  4. Grimmy2016

Entry Level CNC

Hey Mark, sorry for the delayed response. Yes the Sience does come with the longboard. Here is a page that talks about it, but it was included in my purchase of the 30x30. https://sienci.com/product/longboard/
  5. Grimmy2016

Entry Level CNC

Let me know when and I'd be happy to show it you, or others... weekends tend to work best for me.
  6. Grimmy2016

Shop lighting, rampant fraud

I bought a 10 pack of these about a year ago, they do a great job lighting up my work space and garage. Actually going to buy more to add even more lighting. Cant say for sure what the wattage is or how bright, but more than enough for most of my work...
  7. Grimmy2016

Totally surprised!

Congrats!
  8. Grimmy2016

Spray Gun replacement options

So I did buy an HF gun tonight... not the black widow but one down. Talked to the guys, say I can spray oil (but not latex) blah blah blah.. Get home and realize my hose from the Campbell Hausefeld has a 1/2 inch quick connect at the end. Look at the old gun and it had the male 1/2...
  9. Grimmy2016

Any thoughts on syphon vs gravity guns? Is there a reason one would choose one format over another?
  10. Grimmy2016

Thanks Richard. I didnt want to buy a completely new system, was hoping just to change the gun.... unless thats what you are specifically speaking of. EDIT: Just looked up the guns on Amazon... $300+... doesnt quite meet the $150 or less range I was hoping to find. I mayyyyy go to $200 but...
  11. Grimmy2016

@Hmerkle my first project is a respray of my metal front door with an oil based paint. Do you think the HF will handle that? And my next question is a nOOb one, what size needle is appropriate for oil paints?
  12. Grimmy2016

I have a Campbell Hausfeld 3 stage HVLP system, but the gun looks shot. I bought it from a member years ago and I havent needed to use it until now, but when I opened it found a lot of white crusted paint in the needle area, in the syphon tube, and crusted to the inside of the canister. I'm...
  13. Grimmy2016

Entry Level CNC

Love my Longmill They have discounts on Vcarve, Easel is free (by Inventables) and a few others are out there. You can use multiple GCode programss, Gsender is theirs, UGS works, and a few more. Their software page has all kinds of recommendations.
  14. Grimmy2016

CNC Bits

Does anyone have recommendation for brands or places to buy bits? Was thinking of Amana or the Klingspor sets but open to hearing other recommendations. I have a Seinci LongMill 30x30 with Makita router for the head.
  15. Grimmy2016

New CNC Carving

What bit did you use? and what software do you use? I have a Seinci Longmill 30x30 but havent done too much due to work, but want to get started on some xmas gifts.
  16. Grimmy2016

Need a CNC for a one off project...

Looking to find someone near Winston Salem with a CNC who would be willing to help my wife complete a cutting board project for her work. Its 3 boards and we just need her work logo engraved in the board. If anyone has a CNC who can help us out please reach out.Let me know costs as well...
  17. Grimmy2016

Satin not satin

What color dye did you add?
  18. Grimmy2016

Happy Birthday Grimmy2016

Thanks all! 45 doesnt feel as old as I was expecting....
  19. Grimmy2016

Decision made to downsize "shop" - upcoming "clean-out sale"

Always on the lookout for wood, so looking forward to see what you end up listing!
  20. Grimmy2016

Remote Start Issue for DC

Thanks Scott. I do have a Oneida Super Dust Deputy 5" cyclone and Wynn HEPA filter on my DC as well. I did try the 10 gauge/30amp breaker last night, but as you stated, the limitation continues to be the remote switch. :-( It wouldnt take but a moment to rewire the outlet for 220v but I am...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors