Search results

1. M

Router table coping sled advice please

I have the Infinity and used it a great deal making cabinet doors. It works well as long as you keep an eye on the adjusting screws to stay tight. I'm not sure you could modify it for a 45 degree angle though.
  2. M

Because I can’t throw a piece of wood away

I like it. Good idea to try.
  3. M

Cherry bowl

Turning that would have increased my blood pressure a bit. Good job!
  4. M

April Contest

This ash workbench, made a couple of years ago, is a compilation of a number of different designs found on line and set to match the height and dimensions that I wanted. Both vises started with only the vise screw, all other parts I made. I used some of pop pops designs for the leg vise, and...
  5. M

A New Coffee Table

The outer bark had been removed long ago and these edges had been wire brushed but not down to the inner layer of wood. The color was highly varied in the edge layer so I made a stain that matched the darkest section of the edge and lightly shaded the remainder so that it was the same. The...
  6. M

First segmented turnings

Looks great
  7. M

Walnut buffet project completed.

That top is spectacular!
  8. M

A Segmented Bowl - Sort Of

This project was finished today. It was made from the left over blocks of wood that I used to make the stool tops shown in the picture. They had just been hanging around in the shop for a year because I really have a hard time throwing wood away. SO, this is not an example of how to make a...
  9. M

A New Coffee Table

Someone gave us a slab of what must have been a cookie from a large Redwood limb and my better half decided she wanted a new coffee table. Here are a few pictures. The legs and base support are all dowel joints and the feet are attached with dominos. None of the legs meet the cross members...
  10. M

Comment by 'Mark Johnson' in media '28apr2016_023'

Great work as always. Thanks for the details.
  11. M

Negative rake scrapers?

I have a D way box negative rake that I use. It usually does a good job (and I agree with the sharpening every 40 seconds of use). I just touch the edge up with 600 grit wheel However, on splated woods or similar, sandpaper is still my go to though usually I can start at 120 grit.
  12. M

What's new at the bench?

where are you getting wood like that door panel? Beautiful work as always.
  13. M

G&G inspired Sofa table

That is a very nice piece. I expect that she is delighted!
  14. M

Grandfather Clock

That is going to be fantastic. Lot's of skills in that piece.
  15. M

For Sale: Delta 1 1/2HP dust collector with Wynn Filter $250 Cary SOLD

Yes. This is made to connect to a single machine at a time to pull dust. They are usually pretty effective for a single machine, but of course all that depends on the machines dust containment design as well. I connect mine to my lathe and drum sander. Works great on the drum sander, but...
  16. M

For Sale: Delta 1 1/2HP dust collector with Wynn Filter $250 Cary SOLD

That's a good deal for someone. The filter costs more than that.
  17. M

Small project for my in-laws wedding gift

That is very nice!
  18. M

A Couple More Bowls

I used Original Titebond because that's what I have on hand. However, realize that I'm not an expert here at all. Charles Lent is who you should ask because he is the real deal.
  19. M

A Couple More Bowls

the dark stripes are textured areas that were then ebonized with India ink. It tends to cover up the texturing detail, but looks good close up. The India ink was cheap and the best "dye" I could get for this particular task.
  20. M

A Couple More Bowls

the walnut and cherry is Danish oil. The oak bowl is wipe on poly wiped at the lathe and left turning slowly for a couple of hours to prevent any runs.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors