Search results

1. Douglas Robinson

Movable lathe dust hood

Thought I would post some pictures of the lathe dust hood I am working on the arm is a flat monitor arm. I got the idea on YouTube
  2. Douglas Robinson

5 W'S - Who What Where When & Why

I used to take Umbrage but he side-effects were too severe.
  3. Douglas Robinson

We are asking for your support

Despite moving 12 hours away I just bought me tickets! 😁
  4. Douglas Robinson

Workshop Closeout Sale

Thanks for doing this. I know how hard it can be.
  5. Douglas Robinson

New to NC- Fayetteville / Hope Mills

Welcome. Where did you come from?
  6. Douglas Robinson

SawStop Legislation

To the extent that is shapes the present discussion: FWIW TTS Tooltechnic Systems holding company. (parent to Festool and Shaper Origin) bought Saw Stop in July 2017.
  7. Douglas Robinson

SawStop Legislation

I researched the patent. It turns out that the applicants appealed a rejection of their application to the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (the highest court fr patent appeals) and won. It took a long time and therefore the term of the patent was extend 4,044 days (about 11 years)...
  8. Douglas Robinson

SawStop Legislation

I want to see the file history of the 9,724,840 patent to determine when is expires. For those that d not know, patents last 20 years from the date the application for the patent is filed. According to the '840 patent a provisional application was March 13, 2001. Therefore unless there was a...
  9. Douglas Robinson

5 W'S - Who What Where When & Why

I am Doug. I make furniture, built-ins, turnings, and Woodshops 😁. What Mike did not say is that he is one of the earliest members. I joined in 2006. I moved to NY last November after 18 years in Raleigh. I worked at Klingspor's Cary store for just under 2 years. I recommend you search the name...
  10. Douglas Robinson

Thanks for recommendation Bas!

this link is to the remote switch: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09R2KCX9M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
  11. Douglas Robinson

Here are the lights. They come in smaller packs as well...
  12. Douglas Robinson

I installed LED lights recommended by Bas. But he also recommended Wifi remote switches for them and they are terrific. Much appreciation. I will never go back to flourescents again.
  13. Douglas Robinson

Walnut buffet project completed.

Beautiful work! Excellent wood selection.
  14. Douglas Robinson

Bandsaw tensioning

I have always been bad at tensioning a bandsaw. I worked at applying tension in various ways and at adjusting the blade guys but always suffered drift. I just learned that the position of the blade on the wheel is critical. You need to line up the deepest part of the gullet with the center of...
  15. Douglas Robinson

Chris (@Redknife)

One measure of a person's life is the number of people that miss them when they are gone.
  16. Douglas Robinson

Officially a New York homeowner

Hung my air filter and hopefully posted on the correct thread this time.
  17. Douglas Robinson

Officially a New York homeowner

Tackled one the projects I have been putting off: running the dust collection lines. I had to get creative to get the tubes to run at the right height. I ended up cutting the legs of the cyclone base 3" shorter. I am sure this would have gone faster if I had a helper. I still have a little...
  18. Douglas Robinson

Help wanted

I wish I was not so far away. I love doing this.
  19. Douglas Robinson

New shop wall cabinets

Shelves between cabinets have been added. Storing masks ear and eye protection there
  20. Douglas Robinson

New shop wall cabinets

Dang you have a keen eye. That is part of my 2009 Inaugural Shop Crawl Award. Bas made it as a surprise for me after the very first Crawl.. I have the base and will take a full picture of it for fun. 😁

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS