Search results

1. striker

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas!!
  2. striker

Where is the best place to buy cherry in NC?

local place to try is Fitzgerald wood products on Market street. Its been years since I"ve been there. They kinda cater to the building trade but I've gotten some larger planks there.
  3. striker

Delta tablesaw

I was asleep at the wheel. Didn't look yesterday. but as long as you got a home for it ...thats cool
  4. striker

Delta tablesaw

If anything changes, I'm just down the road in Wilm. I have a friend who could use it.
  5. striker

Jointer Question - Yes, another jointer question

I delt direct with Hammer (Felder group) in Maryland/Delaware for my A31-41. Incidentally , mine is on a 30 amp breaker.
  6. striker

Jointer Question - Yes, another jointer question

Looks Like the Hammer A3-31 is 4500.00 on their site. That machine covers you for a planer and jointer. I have the A3-41 (16") and absolutely love it. whisper quiet, easy to swop from planer to jointer, and accurate. To me, it doesn't make much sense to get a wide planer and then limit...
  7. striker

Cremation box

Don't want to hijack the thread ...but could be a stand alone thread..."esplain your handle"
  8. striker

Rate this kitchen design

Subscribed.....doing my Kitchen over soon... very similar
  9. striker

Sanding the Tabletop

After all the removal techniques, the remaining dents will still have finish in/on them that may affect the new applied finish. It may be prudent to investigate the affects prior to finishing. It may require going over the dents with some means of removing the finish (chemical removal w steel...
  10. striker

Sanding the Tabletop

Based on the seriousness of those marks, it looks pretty dangerous to reach for the last turkey leg around there!
  11. striker

Sanding the Tabletop

water or steam would probably lift some of the depressions.
  12. striker

10 years - cigarette free

I'm with Doug R. on this one. I've never tried a cig in 63 years. They took my father when I was a boy -that was enough for me.
  13. striker

Cutting Aluminum T-Track on Kapex

Used to do it all the time for work back in the day. Good plywood blade and used a stick wax to keep it from gumming up. Used a stick wax from DoAll...not sure whats available today.
  14. striker

Black flecks under hardwax oil finish?

Grasping at straws here, but wondering if you wipe with oxalic acid if it would react with flecks and lessen/remove them.
  15. striker

Picnic and Sides

Thank you for the replies. I hope to make it!
  16. striker

Picnic and Sides

I'm a little late to the game. Can someone enlighten me on the timeframe of the picnic? I may be able to make it a little later in the day.
  17. striker

With deepest sympathy

So sorry for your loss
  18. striker

Best wood for painted face frame

any wood somebody says "I'll paint that for ya"
  19. striker

Map view for Sawyers/Kiln Services

Beaver Branch Portable Sawmill (Burgaw) Spoke with Ivey last week......he stated he is retired and no longer sawing. Thanks for the Map. Great idea
  20. striker

Hobbyist in Wilmington

Welcome, fellow Wilmingtonian !

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors