Search results

1. Barry W

Jointer Issue

I bought my Grizzly jointer with spiral cutters about seven years ago and have never before had the problem pictured below. In addition to the striping, the piece is very ha rd to feed across the cutters. The species is maple. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks.
  2. Barry W

2023 Klingspor Extravaganza Photos

I am beginning this thread for all to post photos taken at the 2023 Extravaganza.
  3. Barry W

Why is Poplar so Popular, i.e., On the Timber Market?

I am having timber cut and received my first check today. What surprised me is that poplar brought more than red oak, maple, white oak, even cherry. White oak was next highest after poplar. Why is poplar timber priced so high? Fortunately, I have more poplar than any other species. :rolleyes:
  4. Barry W

Can These be Converted to Full Suspension Drawer Slides?

Below are pictures of our kitchen pantry cabinet and as is evident, the drawer slides are their Achilles heel. Would it be possible to change them out to very heavy duty full-extension drawer slides? It appears that I would have to replace the plastic spacers with something more substantial...
  5. Barry W

Are You Familiar With Sheartac Spiral Cutterheads? Update!

I'm considering replacing the knives on my 15" Northstate planer with a spiral cutterhead and in my research ran across a Canadian company named Sheartac. I found them on YouTube and found their video of installing a cutterhead on a four-post planer with the motor mounted on top to be very...
  6. Barry W

Template Tip

I ran across this tip in the Router Forums, which linked to a YouTube video, and thought it worthwhile to pass it along.
  7. Barry W

This May be One Reason Replacement Parts Are Expensive

One of our home-heating sources is a wood-burning furnace. We've had this furnace almost 20 years and some parts are beginning to show their age. This furnace has a blower that forces the heated air into our duct work (air handler in HVAC lingo) which was failing. I called the manufacturer...
  8. Barry W

Do you have a Grizzly G0690/G0691 Table Saw?

If you have this Grizzly TS in your shop you are aware of how ridiculously expensive zero-clearance inserts are for it. It appears that no one makes an after-market insert for this popular model saw. Of course one can go the DIY route with varying degrees of success with appropriate and near...
  9. Barry W

Klingspor (Whiteside) Ultimate Flush Trim Bit or Infinity Tools Mega Flush Trim Bit?

I am interested in buying a new flush trim bit and have narrowed my choices to either the Klingspor Ultimate or a set of Infinity Tools Mega. Have any of you used either of these bits or which do you think is best? I realize that Whiteside bits are made in Hickory, NC, and Infinity bits are...
  10. Barry W

Do NCWW Forums have "spell check"?

This may be a result of a setting in the forum or my PC, but I doe not have spell check when entering text on the NCWW forums. Spell check works in all other applications I use on my PC. Some users do not care for this feature but I find it a benefit in correcting typos.
  11. Barry W

Pictures From 2019 Klingspor Extravaganza Outreach Project . . . To be Continued

A good time was had by all . . .
  12. Barry W

Watco Deal!

Found this at Greensboro Ollies. Oh, I also had a 15% discount coupon :D $3.99 - 15% = $3.39.
  13. Barry W

Storing Plywood

Well . . . . here's another thread about plywood started by yours truly. My inquires about plywood began with this thread: Has Anyone . . . If one does not have space to store plywood laying flat, is it better to stand it on the short (4') side or the long (8') side? Thanks.
  14. Barry W

Does Anyone Use This Plywood?

I received an email from HD this week promoting "Select Cabinet-Grade 3/4" Radiata Pine Plywood." I have used radiata for door and window trim and molding, purchased at a local lumber yard, and like it very much. I realize radiata ply would not be the same quality as Baltic birch but may be...
  15. Barry W

Where Can I Buy Bamboo Plywood - 3/4"

Does anyone know where I can buy 3/4" bamboo (vertical) plywood? I do not need a full 4' x 8' sheet, 4' x 4' is my preference. I've searched online and cannot find a seller in the Triad.
  16. Barry W

CL/Winston-Salem: Custom Built Router Table- Nice

This may be a NCWW member selling. https://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/tls/d/winston-salem-custom-router-table/6886774556.html
  17. Barry W

King Cub Scouts Event Photos - Great Outreach Event!

We had a grand time with the King Cub Scouts yesterday . . . here's proof!
  18. Barry W

What is Best Way to Join Wood Wider Than the Jointer??

I realize this is not a problem unique to my situation. Therefore I am requesting opinions on the preferred way to do this. Here's what's happening . . . . . I have a cherry board that is 11" wide which needs to be 9" wide. My problem is that my jointer is an 8" machine. After cutting 2"...
  19. Barry W

Are you seeing hyperlinks in NCWW threads? SOLVED!

Below are examples of how NCWW threads appear on my computer beginning this morning. Also, sometimes when I click on a thread I am taken to an advertising site in a new window. Is this on my computer only or on the NCWW site for all to see?
  20. Barry W

Finally . . . . Videos!

I have long attempted to embed a video in either a thread post or a PM in NCWW with no success. It's now very easy using the Insert\Media\Enter Media URL function. Thanks, Ron! Example:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS